Chapter twenty one

A few months later

    Takeda POV

    I walked to the gym where the team was having practice, enjoying the fresh air hitting my face. As I get in the gym I see Ukai standing with his arms crossed over his chest while looking at the boys playing.
    I walk up to him without he noticing me and I put one of my hands on his shoulder. He jumps as he feels it and I smile.
    "S-Sensei! You scared me." Ukai says with a relived expression after seeing it's only me.
    "Sorry Ukai-kun. How's everything going with the team?" I ask looking at my students remembering that the Inter-high (Spring tournament) is coming up.
    "They're good. I would say a little scared specially the third years but they're okay. They've been improving and growing really fast." Ukai says with a sigh. He was obviously worried since for the third years this could be their last game.
    "That's good." I say. "With the Inter-high coming up in two weeks they must not be feeling down or anything. Are the first years ok?" I ask knowing the new students may not feel so comfortable with the team or the stress of the games.
    "Don't worry I've talked to them and it'll be okay." He says with one of his breath taking grins. I blush.
    "U-Ukai-kun do you want to maybe-"
    "WATCH OUT!" I hear Daichi screaming cutting me off. A furious ball comes in my direction and I immediately put my arms in front of my face to protect myself. The ball hits my forearms and falls on the floor.
    I lower my arms to see Daichi and Ukai looking at me concerned.
    "Sensei are you okay?" Daichi asks.
    "Yes I'm fine." I say with a side smile and both Ukai and Daichi visibly relax.
    "Good reflexes Takeda." Ukai says with a small chuckle.
    "Thanks. Well I better get going. I have some papers to take care of. I just came by to see how things were." I say waving a little goodbye to my students while walking out of the gym.
    "Takeda wait!" I hear Ukai calling me. I stop walking and turn around so I was facing him.
    "Yes?" I ask.
    "What were you going to say before the ball thing?" He asks and I feel my face heat up.
    "Oh. It was nothing important. Don't worry." I answer with a little smile trying to sound relaxed as I turn around again and keep walking to my office.

    Third POV

    Ukai went back to the gym and after a few more minutes of watching the boys play he called them to talk to them.
    "Guys, today's practice was really good. I think we can call it out for today. Take some rest." The coach says and the team starts to clean everything before going home. "Nishinoya come here." Coach Ukai calls the libero.
    "Yes coach?" Noya comes closer to the coach.
    "How have you been feeling at practice? Are you good?" The coach asks.
    "Yes I've been feeling great. All good. Why?" The libero asks.
    "I'm just worried that something may happen like the last time. You haven't been wearing those bandages have you?"
    "No I haven't." The boy answers a little embarrassed from the question. "A friend gave me some binders to use instead of the bandages and for practice I wear a sports bra. It's all good coach don't worry." Noya explains while scratching the back of his neck.
    "Good. I'm sorry for making these questions but you understand that all I want is for you to be safe." Ukai apologise.
    "I understand coach." The boy says with a smile.
    "Have you told Narita and Kinoshita about... you know" Ukai asks a little embarrassed.
    "Yes I did and they accepted it very well actually. I also told Yachi I'm in case of any emergency." Noya replies.
    "That's good to hear." Ukai says feeling relived. "If you start to feel anything while playing stop. Listen to your body. It's important." The older informs.
    "Yes coach don't worry I will." The small boy nods and goes to help the others clean.
    "Is everything ok?" Daichi asks.
    "Yes all good." Noya smiles.
    After everything is in place the boys go home.

    The two weeks went by just as usual. Boring classes and intense trainings. The days went faster then expected until it was the day before the first game in the Inter-high. Everyone was nervous because it would be the two games that would tell if the team would go on to the next faze or not and they didn't want to lose. The third years were the most worried because this could be their last game.
    Ukai told the team to take the day off from practice so they wouldn't overwork themselves but the team insisted on practice just one last time before the big game.
    During practice Suga and Asahi could feel that Noya was tense and nervous about something so after practice was over they decided both to check on their friend to see what was going on.
    "Hey Noya are you okay? You looked a little out during practice." Suga asks.
    "I'm sorry Suga-san." Noya apologised.
    "Noya it's ok. We're just worried. Is something bothering you?" Suga tries to understand.
    "It's just... tomorrow it's the game... I always get nervous because of the whole trans stuff thing, you know? I'm just scared I guess. What if someone there finds out? What if they say something. I don't know..." Noya let's it out and Suga sighs.
    "Noya listen to me. Me and team won't let anyone do anything to you. You may change in the bathroom while me or someone makes sure no one gets in while you're there. We'll figure it out just don't over think things Ok?" Suga says and Noya nods.
    "You know. If anyone says anything I will hunt them down. I won't let nobody mistreat my boyfriend." Asahi says making Noya relax a little and laugh.
    "Thanks guys." Noya says hugging the two older friends.

    The so expected day arrives and Karasuno team gets out of the bus walking towards the Sendai gym entrance. As they walk to the court to see the place where the would play, they hear some comments from the other teams members.
    "Hey who is that guy?" Someone asks making a signal towards Noya.
    "I don't know but his face is not strange." The other person answers.
    Noya's blood runs cold in his veins and he feels panic.
    'They can't recognise me. Please God no. Lord Asahi help me.' Noya thinks to himself.
    "Okay guys your first game will be against Ohgiminami. Go get ready." Takeda Sensei says and the boys start to dress their shirts and their sneakers.
    "Noya want me to go with you to the bathroom?" Asahi asks in a low voice so only Noya would hear. The small boy nods and they head to the bathroom. "I'll wait for you here okay?" The ace says at the door getting a nod from his boyfriend.
    Noya quickly takes the shirt he was wearing and puts his number 4 libero team shirt on.
    He gets out of the bathroom and Asahi looks at him.
    "All good?" Asahi asks.
    "Yeah. Let's kick their asses!" Noya says walking back close to the team with his boyfriend.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading!