Chapter thirty one

Ukai POV

    Takeda was driving the bus back to Karasuno High school. The team was all asleep after the exhausting game against Seijoh. I look at Takeda. The sun set giving him this beautiful aura around him. I felt weird since the first time I saw the shy but persistent young man. It took me a while to realise I was in love but since I found out I've been trying to give him slight hints of how I felt.
    "Sensei." I call him.
    "Yes Ukai-kun?" He asks not taking his eyes off the road.
    "Thank you so much for everything you did for this team. They are amazing." I tell him.
    "They grew up a lot since you accepted to be their coach. I'm supposed to be the one to thank you." He says and I can see a little smile on the corner of his mouth.
    "Thank you for giving me the opportunity to coach them. I'm sorry if I was rude with you in the beginning." I apologise.
    "It's ok." He says.
    "You're a great man Takeda. I admire you a lot." I say. The words leaving my mouth without giving me a chance to process what I was saying.
    "T-Thanks Ukai-kun. I-I admire you t-too."
    "He looks so cute when he's embarrassed." I think.
    "What do you think after we get back we go get a beer or something? Or we don't have too. It's just that I've been thinking about something and I want to talk to you." I say scratching my neck nervously.
    "Sure. I hope it's not something bad." He asks looking at me for a second and turning his attention back to the road.
    "Don't worry." I say giving him a smile.
    After another hour driving we finally got to the school. Me and Takeda wake the teens up and we get out of the bus.
    "Ok let's all go to the gym for a team meeting and then you can go home." I say and start to walk to the gym with the team behind. The students from Karasuno High were all welcoming the team and giving them support and compliments while they walked with me to the gym.
    The team sits down in a half-moon shape and I sit in front of them.
    "As you know tomorrow will be the last game. We'll be playing against Shiratorizawa. In the three years Oikawa plays in Aoba Johsai they couldn't win Shiratorizawa. Not even once. Shiratorizawa is stronger than you may think. Nobody in that gym is expecting us to win them." I say as I look at the team. I notice Hinata is struggling with something. "What is it Hinata?" I ask.
    "It doesn't matter! I think..." the boy says and I look at him confused.
    "Hey don't talk like that with coach Ukai." Daichi lectures Hinata.
    "A-Ah, it's not that..." The boy says a slightly embarrassed.
    "Spit it out Hinata." I say.
    "H-Hai! N-Nobody expected us to win Seijoh too and yet we did. So it doesn't matter what they are expecting or not... I think..." The orange haired boy says and I smile nodding my head agreeing with him.
    "Nobody will ever call us fallen crows again." Takeda says and I look at him losing myself as he speaks. I wake up from my trance hearing him say: "Lets win tomorrow and go to the Nationals!"
    "Yeah!!!" The team says happy and determined.
    "Ok everybody go home and take a good rest so tomorrow you have lots of energy for the game!" I say and the team grab their things and head out of the gym.
    "I-... I need to go get something s-so s-see you tomorrow Ukai-kun." Takeda says walking to the door but I quickly grab his arm feeling him jump a little from my sudden move.
    "Are you avoiding me?" I ask.
    "N-No. Not at all." He says looking to the ground and I sigh.
    "Takeda I told you I needed to talk to you." I say with a soft voice.
    "Yeah what is it?" He asks and I lift his head with two fingers under his chin.
    Instead of saying something I lean in and kiss his forehead. Then his nose. Then both his cheeks. He stays still not moving a muscle. I remove his glasses and kiss his lips. His hands grab my biceps and mine go down to his waist. We pull apart to breathe after a minute or so.
    "U-Ukai..."
    "Keishin. You can call me Keishin." I say and he blushes.
    "I-I'm sorry..." I grab one of his hands and pull it close to my lips giving it a small peck.
    "Look I really like you Takeda... Would you... go out with me?" I ask and his eyes are filled with sparks.
    "Yes but with one condition." He says and I move my head to the side confused. "You have to call me Ittetsu."
    "Ittetsu." I say and lean in for another kiss.
    "Ok let's go home. We have a big game tomorrow." Ittetsu says getting away from my embrace and walking out of the gym with me.
    We close up everything and each of us go to different directions. I couldn't fall asleep because how happy I felt. Eventually some time after sleep took over knocking me out.

______________________________________

I like to call this chapter the peace before the storm
Next chapter is the big game! And after that... *evil laugh*
Anyways Ly all! Stay safe! Thanks for reading!