Chapter thirty six

Asahi POV

    We got into the car and Saeko drove me home. I open the door and let her in.
    "Make yourself comfortable." I say going upstairs to my room.
    After washing myself and put on some new clothes, I walk downstairs and see Saeko on the kitchen cooking while on the phone.
    "Hey." I say so she knows I'm here.
    "Hey. Sit down. I made you food." She says pulling her phone away a little covering it with her hand. "Hey babe I'll call right back, give me a minute." She says hanging up the call and giving me a plate with eggs, bacon and a toast. "I know it's late for breakfast but it was the only thing that came to my mind." She apologises.
    "Thank you so much. You didn't need to do this." I say giving her a weak smile.
    "No problem. Now eat. I need to do a quick call and I'll be right back." Saeko says walking to the living room.
    I start to eat but my stomach seems to have a knot so I can't finish everything. Saeko comes back to the kitchen putting her phone on her pocket.
    "Hey. Sorry I was talking to a... uhhhg... friend?" She says but it looks more a question then an affirmation.
    "You call all your friends babe?" I ask making her face become red witch makes me feel embarrassed too.
    "Ok. Ok. You got me." She says scratching the back of her neck looking away. "It was my boyfriend but please don't tell anything to Ryu." She asks and I nod.
    "Don't worry I won't tell." I assure her. "But can I ask who's he? Do I know him?" I ask curious.
    "So... you know that Tsukishima guy from your volleyball team?" She asks and my eyes widen in shock.
    "You're dating Tsukishima? W-Wha-..."
    "No! No! Oh my God! No! I'm dating his brother!" She says waving her hands in front of her.
    "Oh ok... Congratulations." I say.
    "Thanks. Have you eaten already?" She asks.
    "Yeah but I couldn't finish it all. I'm sorry." I apologise.
    "It's ok. All it matters is that you've eaten something so you have strength and won't faint or something." She says and I nod. "You want to go back now?"
    "Yes please. I'll just go grab my wallet." I say running upstairs and coming back down.
    We make our way back to the hospital. Getting there we see Tanaka on the waiting room.
    "Tanaka?" I call him and he lifts his head.
    "Hey guys. You're back." He says and gets up walking closer to us.
    "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be inside the room with Noya?" Saeko asks.
    "A nurse came in and told me they would do somethings to Noya so I needed to wait here." Tanaka says.
    I start to get get worried and all kind of thoughs start to pop in my mind.

    Saeko POV

    "Asahi? You good?" Ryu says and I look at Asahi who was hyperventilating.
    "Hey. Hey. Look at me." I say to the tall boy panicking cupping his face on my hands making him look me in the eyes. "Breathe ok? In and out. Just breathe. Everything's ok." I say trying to calm him down. "Ryu go get some water please." I ask my brother who quickly attends.
    I help Asahi sit down and I kneel in front of him.
    "Breathe Asahi. It's ok. He'll be fine, ok? Just calm down." I keep saying things to make him calm down.
    Ryu comes back with a bottle of water and gives it to me. I open it and give it to Asahi who slowly drinks it and starts to calm down.
    "How are you so good at this?" Ryu asks me.
    "I had some friends with anxiety and sometimes they had panic attacks and things like that so I had to learn how to help them in case something like this happened." I explain.
    "Thank you Saeko-san." Asahi says and I nod.
    "No problem. Just stay calm. Everything will be ok." I say.
    A nurse comes in the waiting room and calls for Noya's name.
    "Nishinoya Rei?" She asks and I think we three all flinch at the name.
    "Yeah." Tanaka says and she comes closer to us. "Is everything ok?"
    "We took the sedatives away so the patient must wake up between today and tomorrow. It can take a while to be fully awake but it's normal. So far the exams don't show any sort of sequels but we need to wait until the patient wakes up to be sure. You may go inside now if you'd like." She says walking away.
    "You guys go ahead I'll be right there." I say walking closer to the nurse. "Excuse me?" I call her.
    "Yes?" She says turning to me.
    "I have a question about the state of Nishinoya." I say and she nods. I take a deep breath to gain strength. "The doctor said that there was a possibility of rape... did it.... did it really happened?" I ask scared of the answer.
    "No. The guy that did this may have tried it but he didn't do it." She says.
    "Thank you." I say walking back to the room.
    When I get in I see everything just the same. It hurted to see Nishinoya so calm. He usually was so happy and energetic and seeing him like this it hurted to much. I can't even imagine the pain Asahi must be feeling by seeing his love like this.
    Ryu' s phone starts to ring and he picks it up.
    "Hello?... Oh hi sensei!... yeah we're at the hospital... not really... yeah... ok. Bye." Ryu ends the call and turns to me and Asahi.
    "It was Takeda Sensei. He said the team wanted to come see Noya. They'll be here soon." My brother says and Asahi nods.
    My phone starts to ring and I jump scared. I look at the name on the screen "Akiteru".
    "Hey."
    "Hi Saeko. I'm just calling to let you know that I'm going to take Kei and Tadashi to the hospital to see Noya. Do you need anything?" Akiteru asks and I could explode from his cuteness right now.
    "No thanks babe I'm ok. Text me when you get here." I say completely forgetting that Ryu was in the room.
    "Ok I will. See you soon. I love you."
    "Love you too. Bye." I say hanging up.
    When I look around I look at Ryu who's looking at me waiting an explanation. I face palm myself.
    "Shit." I say knowing my brother would be pissed.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading! Love you all! Stay safe.