Chapter thirty eight

Asahi POV

    I wake up feeling something rubbing my hand. I look down to my hand and see Noya's thumb rubbing circles on the back of it. I smile but suddenly I remember were I was and look to Nishinoya who was now awake and looking at me with a small smile.
    "N-Nishinoya..." I say and tears start to fall down my face.
    "Hi." He says and I can see his tears wetting his face too.
    "You're awake!" I get up and hug him. "I'm so happy!"
    "A-Asahi... it hurts..." I hear Noya say in a breathless voice.
    I move away quickly remembering his ribs were broken.
    "S-sorry... I forgot..." I say cleaning my face.
    "It's ok." He says and I move closer to him kissing his forehead softly.
    "I missed you so much." I cry.
    "Don't cry. Please." He asks.
    "I'm sorry. I just... I thought.. I..." I can't stop crying thinking that I might have lost the most important person in my life.
    "I know, I know."
    "I-I'm going to call the nurse..." I say starting to get away from the bed but Noya grabs my hand.
    "Stay please. I don't want to be alone." He asks and I can see the fear in his eyes. I nod and sit down. I look at the time and see that it's 8 am.
    "At least can I call Tanaka to tell him you're awake?" I asks and he shakes his head.
    "I have a better idea. Can you call him and let me speak?" He says and I smile. There he is. My boyfriend. He's back.
    I call Tanaka and put the phone on speaker close to Noya.
    "Hello? Asahi is everything ok?" I hear Tanaka's tired voice.
    "Hey bro I'm sorry but it's not Asahi speaking." Noya says with a smile waiting for Tanaka's reaction. It takes a few seconds to Tanaka answer.
    "Oh my God! Noya is that you? Oh my God! SAEKO! WAKE UP! OH MY GOD!" Noya and I laugh at Tanaka's excitement but it's completely understandable.
    "What the fuck Ryu! Let me sleep!" We hear Saeko say.
    "Take the phone there's someone that wants to talk to you." Tanaka says giving the phone to his sister.
    "Hello? Who is this?" Tanaka's sister asks with a groggy voice.
    "Hello Nee-san. Did you miss me?" Noya asks.
    "OH MY GOD! RYU! IS NOYA! OH MY GOD!"
    "I KNOW!"
    "DON'T YOU MOVE FROM THERE WE'RE COMING RIGHT NOW!"
    Saeko ends the call and me and Noya laugh.
    "Man I wish I have seen their faces." Noya says and I laugh.
    "We all missed you." I say and kiss him softly in the lips.
    "I missed you too... I thought I would never see you again." Noya starts to cry and I clean his tears.
    "Hey don't cry." I kiss his forehead and his nose. "I love you."
    "I love you too." I smile.
    "I should really call the nurse, you know?" I say and he pouts.
    "I know... but please come back quickly." He asks.
    "I will." I kiss his forehead and go look for a nurse. "Excuse me!" I call when I spot one.
    "Yes? How can I help you?" She asks with a smile.
    "The patient from room 44 is awake." I say and she rushes to the room with me.
    "Hello how are you feeling?" She asks Noya who seemed a little lost and scared.
    "I-I'm ok. My ribs hurt." Noya says with a shaky voice.
    "It's normal. You have some broken ribs. Try to don't move too much and be careful with your arms too. Besides that everything's ok?" The nurse asks.
    "Yes thank you." Noya says.
    "If he starts to feel anything call a nurse but he seems pretty well for someone who just woke up from a coma. The doctor should come here this afternoon so don't worry." She tells me before getting out.
    "Thank you." I say going back to my boyfriend's side.
    Noya starts to cry and I grab his hand worried.
    "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask.
    "I-I... I got scared..." He says crying.
    "W-Why?" I ask.
    "I-I d-don't w-want to be alone." He holds my hand tightly.
    Those words were like knifes on my heart. I've never seen Noya so scared.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading! Love you all! Stay safe!