Chapter twenty nine

Third POV

    The game started and Johzenji was the first to serve.
    The game was going pretty normal and that was somehow scaring the crows team. Karasuno won the first set. When they got together with the coach they listen to what he had to say.
    "Ok guys. Nice job on the first set." Ukai congratulated the teens. "Now you gotta be carefull I noticed that their team tries to copy some of our moves." The blond man warned and the team nodded.
    The second set started and Terushima sent a look in Noya's direction making the smaller boy shiver with a bad feeling. The game went on and as expected Johzenji tried to copy some of Karasuno's moves. Karasuno was at extreme mode. The crows would catch almost every ball, specially Noya who was filled with some strange energy. Karasuno did a synchronized attack and scored leaving them at match point. Johzenji talked and agree to try to do the same attack to score and have a chance of winning the second set but when Terushima was going to spike the ball it came too long and he missed it giving Karasuno the final point they needed to win.
    Karasuno bounded to thank for the game and went outside the court waiting to know with whom their next game would be.
    After talking to the coach for a little, Johzenji started to head out of the court. They passed by Karasuno who wasn't giving very attention of what was happening around them since they were talking to their coach and sensei. Of course Terushima didn't missed the chance to approach Noya.
    "This isn't over yet Rei." The blonde whispered so only Noya would hear.
    Noya's blood froze in his veins while the other boy walked away just as quick as he had arrived.
    "Noya is everything Ok?" Asahi asked putting a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder.
    "Yeah don't worry." Noya said forcing a smile but feeling terrified on the inside.
    A whistle was heard and the team rushed to the door to see with who would they play next.
    "Who are they?" Hinata asks looking at the pink uniforms of the victorious team.
    "Wakunan." Daichi answers the orange boy. "They are pretty good." The captain says feeling a little nervous.
    "Ok guys let's go back there." The coach says with a little head nod indicating the court. The team nods and they head back to the court.
    The crows form a line while Ukai spikes some balls for them defend. Noya did his double Rolling Thunder and the team just stared at the libero not knowing what just happened.
    "Nice Bro!" Tanaka greeted him.
    "That was so awesome Nishinoya-senpai!" Hinata says with big eyes full of admiration for the shorter boy.
    "Thanks guys." Noya said moving for the end of the line.
    A while after the sound of the whistle made both teams form lines on each ends of the court and bound for each other.
    "Onegai shimazu!" The teams say bounding before the game starts.
    Oikawa and Iwaizumi were watching the game making some comments.
    "They haven't used that crazy quick yet." Oikawa says.
    "Yeah. It's a shame." Iwaizumi says and as if the crows had heard the Aoba Johsai boys talk, Hinata starts to run and jumps. Kageyama tosses the ball perfectly to Hinata who spikes it with an insane speed leaving everybody in the gym wondering what just had happened.
    Oikawa and Iwa-chan look at each other with a smirk on their faces. The same reaction can be seen between Takeda-sensei and coach Ukai.
    "Match point!" Asahi says happy.
    Karasuno scored another point and the first set was over.
    "Okay guys this last part you were starting to speed up. Don't! No need for panic Ok?" Coach said and the boys nodded.
    Second set started and in a few minutes the crows were having a bad time and were starting to panic again since the other team had already 10 points while Karasuno had only 7.
    "We can't lose! We can't lose! We! Can't! Lose!" Are the thoughts of all the crows in the court.
    Wakunan spiked a ball and Noya saved it. Tanaka rushed to do the next move to avoid the ball to hit the floor. The shaved head boy saves the ball giving an opportunity to Hinata to spike it scoring another point.
    The gym bursts into cheers and joy for the crows but suddenly all that cheering died when they realised Daichi was knocked down on the floor.
    "Daichi-san..." Tanaka calls the unconscious captain in shock.
    Coach Ukai and Takeda Sensei ran towards the motionless boy.
    "Sawamura!" They called.
    The whole team was froze up in place. Sugawara was looking at his boyfriend purely in shock and trying his best not to snap.
    "What happened?" Asks Iwaizumi to Oikawa with a confused expression.
    "They crashed against each other. They were both trying to reach the ball." Oikawa explains.
    Daichi gets up from the floor with one of his hands covering the left side of his face.
    "Sawamura-kun, are you ok?" Takeda sensei asks.
    "Y-Yeah." Daichi says.
    "Do you know where you are?" Takeda asks to see if the boy was aware of what happened.
    "Sendai gym."
    "Who are you playing against?"
    "Wakunan team. I'm ok! I swear!" Daichi tries not to worry Takeda.
    "It's still better if we go see the nurse to check if everything is really ok." Takeda informs.
    "You're bleeding!" Shimizu says pointing at Sawamura's face.
    Daichi raises his hand to his lips and coughs spitting out a tooth. Everybody looked with widen eyes to the captain. Coach Ukai rushes with the injured boy to the nurse while Takeda sensei takes control of the situation with the rest of the team.
    Ennoshita took Daichi's place for the rest of the game. Karasuno end up losing the second set because of all the tension present among the teens for what happened to their captain.
    Third and final set was won by the Crows. Daichi stayed outside the court watching as their team reborn on the final set not giving up and winning it. The captain couldn't be more proud of the team and of his insecure substitute Ennoshita who kept the team together despite of everything.

______________________________________

Sorry for the chapter not being so good! But I'm preparing some rough chapters and so I wanted to do some "normal" inspired in the anime before things get ugly.
Love you all! Stay safe! Thanks for reading!