Chapter thirty seven

Third POV

    The team got to the hospital. Some came with Coach Ukai and others came with Takeda Sensei. Tsuki and Yamaguchi came with Kei's brother. When they all got there they walked inside. Akiteru texted Saeko and she came to the waiting room with Tanaka.
    "Hey guys." Tanaka greets the team.
    "Can we see him?" Hinata asks and Tanaka guides the team to the room.
    The crows got in the room and gathered around the bed. Suga and Daichi hugged Asahi.
    "Hey man. How are you?" Daichi asks.
    "Broken I guess." Asahi says.
    "If you need anything you can tell us." Suga says trying not to cry.
    "Thank you." Asahi whispers feeling the tears start to form again.
    "The nurse said they took away the sedatives so Noya should wake up today or tomorrow." Tanaka says looking down.
    "I hope Noya-senpai gets well soon." Hinata says hugging Kageyama.
    "He will. He's strong." Ennoshita assures the orange haired boy.
    "And how about... The other?" Ukai asks not wanting to say the name of the person who did this.
    "I talked to a nurse and asked about it and she said he had a broken nose, one broken rib and a spread wrist. He'll also be arrested for attempting of murder, breaking into private property and some other charges." Tanaka says and he can see Asahi clenched fists.
    "Hey calm down." Suga asks holding one of Asahi's hands.
    The tall teen calms a little and after some time the team decides that its better to go home since it was getting dark.
    "Thank you for coming guys." Asahi thanks the team giving them a group hug before they go.
    "Asahi we're going too." Saeko says.
    "I'll stay here. I don't to leave him. I want to be here when he wakes up." Asahi says and Saeko nods.
    "Call me if you need anything or if he wakes up." Tanaka says.
    "I will." Asahi says hugging Saeko and Tanaka.
    After everybody left Asahi sits by Noya's side and holds his hand.
    "I love you Nishinoya." The third year boy says kissing his lover hand.
    Asahi stares at the window and starts to have flashbacks of when he and Noya met. Now that memory seemed to be so far away and it became more and more delicate with every moment. Asahi ends up falling asleep with all the memories spinning inside his mind.

    Tanaka POV

    Saeko and I went back to hospital next day hoping something might have changed since yesterday but everything was the same. Noya was still on the same bed with the same expression. Asahi was sleeping with is head on the edge of the bed while holding Nishinoya's hand. I move closer to the sleeping ace and shake his shoulder softly. He slowly starts to wake up and looks at me rubbing his eyes.
    "Good morning." He says sleepy.
    "Hey. Are you sure you don't want to go home? You need a proper rest." I say and Asahi shakes his head.
    "I'm ok. I want to be here if he wakes up suddenly." Asahi says.
    "I understand." Is all that I say.
    "Asahi come. Let's eat something. Ryu can you stay here?" My sister asks.
    "Sure." I say and they both get out of the room.
    I sit on the chair Asahi was and look at my bro.
    "Hey Noya I hope you wake up soon. We all miss you. Don't worry about the bastard that did this to you. I heard that he's going to be arrested soon." I say even if I know that Noya is not listening. "I miss playing volleyball with you and do all those crazy things that would always get us in trouble." I start to cry. "Bro just wake up already. Please. Life is so boring without you. I think I never told you this but I really love you Noya. In a bro kind of way. No homo dude. But I really do."
    Saeko and Asahi come back into the room and I quickly clean up my tears.
    "You don't need to act all brave with us." My sister says.
    "I know."

    *Time skip*

    It was getting dark and nothing had happened. Me, Asahi and Saeko stayed in the room all day except when we needed to eat but nothing changed.
    "What if Noya never wake up again?" I think feeling my heart squeeze inside my chest.
    My sister and I went back home but Asahi insisted to stay. I was worried for him. He was not looking after himself properly and I was scared for him although I understood his side.
    When we get home I go to my room and just lay down and cry.
    "Why is life so unfair?"

______________________________________

Thank you for reading!