The string of us

(ok I don't rlly understand this red string of fate au thingy, so if i made any mistakes regarding to this au, I'm sorry. but anyways, I'm just gonna describe it as what i want it to be)

the red string was infinite, your soulmate could be anywhere around the world. this string is not visible to any human eye, just you and your soulmate. the string could go infinite, it can't be pulled or broken, no matter how hard you try, it wont work. unless you and your soulmate agreed to it while both of you cutting the string together.

Darryl did want to meet his soulmate, but the problem is that he was insecure. insecure of his looks that'd his soulmate wouldn't like it. so these past few years of his life, he didn't try or even thought about trying to find is soulmate.

as for zak, he wanted to meet his soulmate, he tried following it, but it was too far. he wanted to meet his soulmate so bad, but eventually he gave up.

everytime zak tried to play games, the string would be in his way, it was placed on his pinky. when he plays on his computer, the string was really an annoyance to him. as for darry, he just ignored the string, wanted to forget about it. since he was used to it.

darryl and zak were in a call on teamspeak, "hey bad, since the pandemic is over. i was planning to move in with you. i don't know, I've been planning to move in with some people, you're the first person in my thought." zak said with his keyboard clicking.

"Ooo! really? when will you move in? since the room hasn't been really touched or moved in with, you can move in anytime." bad said in exaggeration.

"hm, how about in 3 days? i don't really have that much things so it'll be easy" zak said playfully "alright then you muffinhead!" bad giggles in excitment

______

3 days passed.

darryl  was getting ready, as he fixed the house and cleaned them, he was nervous,

obviously. of course he is! he's gonna meet his internet best friend! why wouldn't he?

a few hours later, he heard a knock at the door, darryl was on his computer playing wool wars on his server. "Zak's h-here.." darryl said nervously, he fixed his hair in the nearest mirror, but then he realised, the string on his pinky we're getting tight.

it alerted him that his soulmate was nearby.

Darryl had second thoughts, but nevertheless he went on the front door and opened the door. he saw a boy with puffy black raven hair, with a black hoodie on him. adding on with black basketball shorts with a big suitcase on the other hand.

but wait..he saw something on Zak's finger, it was a red string? darryl followed the red string with his eyes and at the end..it was connected to his string?? "w-what?.." darryl said in confusion, "hold on..wait what??" zak added up, confused as well. "w-were..soulmates?!" zak added up as he connected eyes with darryl

"i-im sorry!...we can cut the strin-" bad was speechless, as he was gonna finish his sentence, zak layed his arms on darryl's neck for support and  connected their lips together. darryl was startled but nevertheless, he enjoyed the kiss and melted in it.

"hehe, I'm happy that ur my baldy!" zak said happily as he giggles up too. "hmph, and you're my muffin!" they both laughed together.

they enjoyed the day together, doing cutesy stuff together. it was the best day ever.

(aha i think this is my first au oneshot? idk give meh thoughts on the comments :p and if u want, you can suggest some oneshots :D)

(640 WC)