Breaking bones and rules.

Bexley's Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson was probably the most amusing lesson she had ever had before. James, of course, was bursting with excitement, he finally managed to get Lily Evans to agree to a date, only after about seven years of trying. Lily too seemed quite energised at the prospect of the date, she kept glancing happily over at Bexley who too returned this smile.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Remus asked her whilst they were waiting to be paired for duelling.

"What's the worst that can happen? Even if the worst does happen I'll be getting paid!" Bexley had thought about her date too for the majority of the lesson, she was quite aware of the reputation Sirius had of being a womaniser but she was confident she wouldn't succumb to his 'skills' as he called them. She was sure she caught Sirius looking at her much more frequently than usual.

"Black and Morgan!" Professor Polkis called their names and directed them to a space in the room where they would practice their jinx's. Sirius and Bexley greeted each other politely, Bexley aware of Sirius's lack of comical responses piqued her interest.

"What's wrong?" Bexley questioned as she deflected his spell.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you aren't being your usual sparky self." Sirius lowered his wand and looked at her.

"I've never actually taken a girl on a date before." He admitted shyly.

"Sirius you know it isn't a real date? It's just so we can finally get James and Lily together." When Bexley finished, she was sure she saw something flash across Sirius's eyes, was that disappointment she saw? "Hey, I didn't mean it like that..." Her apology was cut short however as Sirius aimed a spell at her that she was sure was not in the textbook.

"Levicorpus!" Sirius' voice rang through the classroom.

"AH!" Bexley found herself dangling in mid-air by her ankle, swaying slightly she could feel the blood rushing to her head. "Sirius let me down!" Bexley's arms thrashed around as she thought might be able to reach her wand, five feet below her.

"It's a shame the school allows girls to wear trousers now," Sirius spoke with bounds of amusement.

"Listen here you filthy, no good..." Bexley did not get far in her verbal curse as Sirius had set upon her another jinx.

"Silencio. Ah, much better." Bexley's face contorted with rage and anger whilst Sirius couldn't stop laughing, which of course attracted the attention of James, who came over and congratulated his friend on his work.

"Nice one Sirius! Might come in useful on your date, women am I right?" They both stood amused. Bexley's anger rose inside of her, and her feeling of light-headedness. Then, Bexley conjured an idea, a speechless incantation, she had read about them thoroughly in the library and had been practising since she was little, her father was accomplished in these and she prayed that she too would be. She closed her eyes and focused on her spell, trying her best to ignore the annoying laughter of Sirius Black, who she was sure would not be laughing after this. Lacarnum Inflamari was the spell which filled her mind and was most definitely on the syllabus. Come on, she thought, encouraging herself that she could. Please, please just this one time come on!

"What the fuckery!" Bexley opened her eyes and saw a worried Sirius stamping on his cloak to put out the flames which Bexley had caused, and with his lack of concentration, Bexley dropped to the floor, yet she did not think this through and came falling with a crash. She grabbed her wand, ready to hex the life out of Sirius as Professor Polkis came rushing over.

"Aguamenti," Professor spoke and aimed his wand at Sirius's cloak before tending to Bexley. She held her ankle as it throbbed and ached. "Miss Morgan, are you alright?" Whilst Sirius's first jinx broke, his second remained in place as she felt unable to speak, she gestured to Sirius and then to her mouth, and received a few bewildered looks from her teacher.

"Professor, I think Sirius used a Langlock spell," Lily spoke as she rushed to Bexley's side. Professor Polkis shot a disapproving look to Sirius, but he didn't notice as his eyes were directly on Bexley, filled with concern. The Professor turned back to Bexley and flicked his wand and Bexley wiggled her mouth around before she spoke.

"Thank you, Professor." She stood with help from Lily, only to crumble to her feet again.

"Professor I think her ankle is broken, surely we should take her to the hospital wing?" Lily stated with worry evident in her voice.

"Yes, I think perhaps we'd better, please go with her Miss Evans. Here this might make it easier." Professor Polkis conjured up a wheelchair in which Bexley sat and sighed with relief as the weight was taken off of her ankle.

"Accio bags." Bexley aimed her wand at hers and Lily's bags which came flying into her lap as Lily wheeled her out the classroom.

"I've told Sirius not to use that spell before! He has absolutely no regard for rules or others safety, I mean, on my prefect duties I've caught him using it on first years!" Lily persecuted Sirius as she pushed Bexlet down the corridor, heading towards the Hospital Wing.

"Lily wheel me over there." Bexley pointed to one of the stone benches which were scattered across the castle.

"But we need to get you to the hospital wing," Lily argued as she helped Bexley onto the bench. Slowly, Bexley rolled up her school trousers and examined her ankle.

"Do you think it's broken?" Bexley looked up at Lily and she nodded her head.

"I'm pretty sure I can see bone poking through." Lily squirmed.

"Perfect!" Bexley answered happily as she retrieved her wand.

"What on Earth do you think you're doing!" Exclaimed a bewildered Lily.

"I'm taking this as a learning opportunity! Plus we'll get a bit of a break before Herbology."

"As a prefect, I cannot allow you to experiment on yourself." At this moment, Bexley shoved her prefect badge in Lily's face and tapped her ankle as she spoke

"Episkey!" A snapping sound was heard from Bexley's ankle and she hollered with pain. "Oh, flaming Merlin! Lily tell me I've still got my foot!"

"Miraculously, yes!" Lily peered from behind her hand. "You are so reckless! Honestly, if that went the wrong way you could be regrowing your bones this evening! I can't believe you honestly, how are we friends!" Lily exclaimed and helped Bexley up as she precariously stood up. Her foot reached the floor and whilst it was sore, it was bearable and no bone could be seen.

"Because young Lilith, I bring excitement to your life! And hey, when you break something I've got your back. Unless you break your back, maybe then we should go to the hospital wing." Lily just rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Come on, we'll head to Herbology."

"And we'll have time to see the first years repot mandrakes!" Bexley joked.

"Ah yes, our favourite past time." Lily slung her arm around Bexley and they meandered towards the grounds of Hogwarts.