Scrabble.

James returned from their dormitory, the Scrabble box clattering as he leapt down the stairs, something else was clutched in his grip and when he settled down next to Lily, he handed her his Quidditch jumper, Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Little shit." He mumbled into Bexley's ear. The group formed a circle on the floor, Bexley laid on her front and propped her head up with her hands, Sirius radiating as he watched his Quidditch jumper swallow her up.

"Go on then Pads, let's see how much information you actually retain," James smirked as he rested his head on top of Lily's.

"That was cold Potter. I will place the letter 'I' to make the word 'I'." Sirius grinned.

"Sirius I don't think-" Lily began.

"And I will place the letter 'N' to make 'IN'." James's face-matching Sirius's, Lily and Bexley stared at each other incredulously.

"I'll put a 'B', 'BIN'," Peter spoke proudly.

"Merlin help us." Remus rubbed his forehead. Lily sat up straight and leaned over, placing her letters down, Bexley's lips curling at the expression on James.

"I will add onto your 'BIN' to make 'BINOMIAL'." Sirius looked from the board and to Lily a few times before flipping the board, sending the little letters flying. Everyone broke out in raucous laughter, clutching their sides as Sirius raged on, he leaned against the sofa, his arms tight across his chest as the hilarity continued.

"Oh Sirius, you tried." Bexley sat up and kissed his temple as her body vibrated with merriment.

"Bloody Evans," Sirius grumbled, Bexley smirked as she stood up, scouring the room for the Scrabble pieces, Lily aiding her.

"Well, that was fun," Lily whispered as the girls crawled under tables and chairs.

"Damn Evans, you look good in that position," James spoke from his spot in front of the fire.

"Godric give me strength," Lily uttered as Bexley nudged her playfully, feeling a pair of eyes on her, probably thinking the same.

***

"MORNING BIRTHDAY GIRL!" Lily pounced on Bexley's bed, her arms flung around her sleeping friend.

"MERLIN LILY!" Bexley's eyes opened wide and she took a few deep breaths. "I thought I was being attacked!" she slowly sat up, adjusting to the daylight.

"Happy birthday!" Lily scuttled off to her bed and retrieved two parcels from under it. They were wrapped in shimmery parchment, red ribbons decorating them.

"Lily, I said-"

"Do be quiet Morgan. Oh and here!" Lily passed Bexley a large cup of coffee, whipped cream and sprinkles melting down the sides of the cup.

"You do spoil me." Bexley sipped the drink, wiping away the foam moustache. Lily sat on the edge of the bed and watched, buzzing with anticipation.

"Open this one first." Lily indicated to the smaller of the parcels. Carefully, Bexley unwrapped the gift, which she knew would annoy Lily, in her lap tumbled a silver box, as she opened it, confetti shot out at her. Brushing it aside, on a velvet pillow lay a pair of earrings with tiny broomsticks. Immediately Bexley put them in her ears, she stood from her bed looking at them in the mirror, her finger traced over them, tiny sparks erupted from the tip of the brooms.

"I love them! Lily how did you-"

"You know I can't reveal my secrets. Now your birthday one!" Lily dragged Bexley back to the bed and shoved the parcel in her lap. Pulling back the paper, revealed a maroon leather-bound book, but when opening it, Bexley realised it was more than a book. It was a photo album. Their faces smiled up at her, pictures dating back to when they were little first years, pictures with their friends and somehow Lily had managed to get one of her and Rowena. Bexley's fingers caressed the pictures, one of herself and Remus made her heart skip.