Help.

Bexley was instructed to move to the maroon chaise lounge, she laid back precariously, the glasses from the Quibbler slipping off her head, she placed them safely in her robes.

"Now Miss Morgan," Juniper Crawl began, taking a seat next to Bexley, she seemed authoritative yet kind, perhaps she wouldn't scrutinise her memories. "I understand this is invasive, but just try to relax, it'll make the experience easier and if anything becomes painful, please remain calm, it means I am accessing memories that you may not have realised you had." She pulled out a small leather-bound book and placed this on her lap, her yellow feathered quill resting between her slender fingers. Bexley saught one last look at her parents before closing her eyes, she tried to focus on the Headmasters office, the smell of freshly brewed ginger tea, the soft humming of the phoenix and the wavering flames of the various candles, as her mind eased, her childhood appeared at the forefront of her mind and she smiled.

Ophelia and Daniel dressing her in her first-ever witch robes, their pride evident in their eyes. Her childhood friends, muggles and magical alike, despite their toothy grins, Bexley felt a pang at this sight, the world was beginning to change and she feared that these relationships would be shunned. Her first years at Hogwarts with Lily, the memories encased her. Then Sirius, their first encounter in which she hexed him for stealing her homework notes, this contrasted with her most recent memory, walking down the hallway with him, their pinkies intertwined. Remus, James and Peter appeared and whilst she could tell she was smiling, her head began to strain, the feeling of a headache approaching. Juniper focused in on them individually, inspecting Bexley's countenance.

Pausing on Remus, Bexley began to fidget as the discomfort in her head mounted, their friendship swam before her eyes, as the memories grew older, her distress grew. Herself and Remus as young children, they appeared to be getting younger and younger, until Bexley saw herself as a baby, but not in her parent's arms, but Remus's parents, Lyall and Hope. Further back the memories went, Bexley nowhere in sight, but a heavily pregnant Hope, Bexley could not contain the scorching agony which took over her whole body, she cried out and snapped her eyes open, Ophelia by her side instantly, cradling her.

Juniper stood abruptly from the chair and rushed to Dumbledore, after a moment and curious looks at Bexley, Juniper departed, but not before speaking a few surreptitious words to Bexley.

"Keep your friends close." Warmth in her eyes, Bexley was sure she saw sympathy, she nodded in response and Ms Crawl departed. Thick air filled the office as Bexley looked at her parents, curious as to what had been discovered.

"Did they find anything of use?" She asked nonchalantly, readjusting Sirius's robe on her shoulders as it slipped off.

"Miss Morgan, I'd like you to see Madam Pomfrey just to make sure you are well enough to continue the day, that took quite a lot of energy." Dumbledore smiled cordially and gestured her to the door.

"But..." As her eyes met Dumbledore's, she chose against pursuing the matter further, said goodbye to her parents and left them in the office. Bexley decided against visiting Madam Pomfrey, who she really needed to see was Lily, her best friend would surely help her make sense of the obscure events and memories. She headed to the library, occasionally leaning a hand against the wall to steady her, Dumbledore was right, she was exhausted. Entering the library, she said hello to Madam Pince who gave her a dubious look at her sickly appearance, the large robe engulfing her did not help matters as she looked small and fragile. Scouring the library, there was no sight of Lily and Bexley reprimanded herself, forgetting that Lily had a full day of lessons. As she turned to leave, she caught a glimpse of Peter in the restricted section, perhaps she could extract some information from him about his interactions with Severus the other evening.