Blood,blood,blood.

Hogwarts teachers were used to the Marauders being 'fashionably late', yet never had they had them miss a whole lesson altogether. As Herbology dragged on, Bexley kept an eye on the greenhouse door, waiting for them to bound in and as the lesson came to a close, a thread of concern wound its way through her. Lily seemed to share the same agitation as she kept a watchful eye out for them on the way to lunch.

"Probably terrorizing some fourth years." Lily offered reassuringly.

"Yes, or they've incorporated Peeves into some ghastly plan." Whilst Bexley hoped she sound convincing, she didn't feel convinced. Although Sirius was a pain in the backside, she really did not want him to get into trouble and felt herself hoping she would stumble across the group. Bexley's hopes were not heard as they failed to appear for lunch and Lily's furrow deepened.

"They love Kettleburn, they wouldn't dare miss his lesson. Come on." They gathered their bags and headed down to the edge of the Forbidden Forest, the sun was settling across the grounds, casting a soft golden glow upon the castle. As Lily and Bexley steadily walked across the grounds, Bexley found herself staring back at the castle and admiring it, for it was her home. Lily stood beside her and linked her arm through Bexley's admiring her home too.

"Move Mudbloods, don't you have anything better to do!" Malfoy's voice rang loud in their ears and broke their daydream.

"Do you always have to be so crude!" Lily's face hardened as she stared at the small group of Slytherin's.

"Only to those who don't belong here." Hissed Narcissa.

"I think you'll find Narcissa that we belong here far more than you do, I'm surprised Dumbledore let a foul cockroach like yourself in, did mummy and daddy threaten him? Whilst we Narcissa, got in here off talent, not bribery." Bexley spat her last words and caught the attention of one Bellatrix Black.

"You, Mudblood need reminding of who it is you're talking to." She spoke in a low voice as she advanced to Bexley, her wand slipped from up her sleeve, ready to strike. This was not the first time they had an encounter with the snide Slytherin's, but today something was in the air, Bexley would not give up without a fight.

"Remind me then Bellatrix, because all I see is a spoilt brat." Bexley too stepped forwards, face to face with Bellatrix, her exterior calm, but her blood was brewing with fury. 

"Bex, don't they aren't worth it." Lily grasped Bexley's robes and pulled her away.

"That's it, run away Mudblood! Pathetic, no wonder your parents left you!" Lucius chimed in. This, however, Bexley could not tolerate, her wand was not necessary for what she was about to do. Bexley spun around, her clenched fist collided with Lucius Malfoy's jaw.

"Yes, that's right I am a Mudblood! But I'd much rather be that then a vile human like you. Honestly, still thinking blood status matters! Grow up!" Bexley stared Bellatrix down as her sister tended to Lucius.

"Come on." This time Lily had a firm grip on her friends robes and dragged her to class. "Is your hand alright?" Bexley was too full of adrenaline to even register her bloodied hand.

"Yes." She stared at her knuckles, sort of bewildered by her own actions, but most definitely instilled with pride. They joined the rest of the Gryffindors as Professor Kettleburn began introducing them to the Bowtruckles. The lesson was filled with tension as Bellatrix and Bexley kept an eye on one another whilst Narcissa fussed over Malfoy, Lily fussed over Bexley.

"Lily, I promise I'm fine!" One of the Bowtruckles had attached itself to Katherine Bones finger so the lesson was called off a few minutes early. They didn't complain though, anything to escape the glare of Bellatrix Black. How Sirius was related to her, Bexley could not comprehend.