Devour.

*~Mature scenes ahead~*

"James I highly doubt-"

"Well if the Hippogriff can't see the Thestral then surely it'd win a fight!" James proclaimed loudly as Lily looked up at him from his chest and rolled her eyes, Bexley grinned as she sat next to Remus on his bed.

"But don't Hippogriff's kill their food?" Peter added from the floor where he scrawled on a worn piece of parchment.

"Well, I... That's beside the point!" James huffed and his fluffy hair flew from his eyes.

"Oh darling, you wouldn't make a very good lawyer." Lily joked, earning curious glances from Peter. Sirius was yet to join them, in fact, Bexley hadn't seen him all day, despite him saying he would join her in the library he never did.

"Has anyone seen Sirius today?" Bexley asked casually.

"Merlin Bex, it's only been a day and you miss him already!" James laughed as he twiddled with Lily's hair

"Piss off Mr I'm going to stalk a girl for seven years until she falls in love with me. I'm just worried that's all."

"Have you told him about tomorrow evening?" Remus added quietly, to which Bexley shook her head.

"You don't think-" The worst scenarios ran through her mind.

"I'm sure he's just in detention." Remus grinned encouragingly before nudging her playfully. As if they were summoning him, a weary-looking Sirius rumbled through the dorm door, collapsing on his bed. Remus nudged Bexley towards him and she made her way to him, laying down next to him on her belly, she brushed a few curls aside.

"Hello." She smiled at him, his eyes were busy but his lips formed a smile. "You okay?" She whispered, edging closer to him, Sirius simply nodded and she frowned slightly.

"Not now." He kissed the bridge of her nose and sat up, leaning against his headboard.

"Blimey mate that's a big book." Peter gestured to Sirius's crammed school bag. "Don't think I've ever seen that thing actually hold books." The group chuckled at his bravery.

"What are you reading?" Lily slid off the bed and retrieved the tattered book. "Witches and Wizards of the past? And the passing of lycanthropy?" Lily looked up at him confused.

"Is this reading for Remus?" Bexley interrogated "But why about the passing of lycanthropy, Remus would never."

"I was just curious that's all. Wondering if there was anything about previous lycanthropes we could learn from." Despite Bexley only knowing Sirius a short time, she knew his telltale signs of lying, firstly, he clicked his knuckles, secondly his jaw would jut out at an angle and thirdly, his eyes would scan the room checking everyone believed him and he just ticked all three boxes.

"But-"

"I just said didn't I! Merlin drop it!" Sirius barked, leaving Bexley's eyebrows furrowed. Remus stood abruptly from his bed, and Bexley was sure she saw his fists clenched.

"Moony..." James spoke warmly, he swung his legs over the side of the bed, ready to leap into action. Sirius and Remus held eye contact for what felt like hours, Bexley's eyes flitting between the two.

"Time for bed I think." Lily stood from her place on the floor beside Sirius's bag, kissing James swiftly, she opened the door for Bexley.

"Night," Sirius spoke, his lips aiming for hers, Bexley moved quickly towards the door muttering a quick good night.

"That was just too much testosterone to deal with," Lily announced as she changed into her pyjamas.

"Just a bit odd don't you think? For Remus to be that way with Sirius, and well why did Sirius snap like that?" Bexley settled in bed as his words rang through her head.