Direction.

Sirius watched as Bexley spoke heatedly with her parents, never had he heard her speak words so vicious. Yet a pang of guilt hit his chest as he thought of the words he had spoken to her and in a second he became ashamed.

"Don't think too much on Daniel's words," Hope spoke softly from behind him. "He's just scared, we all are."

"And he doesn't think he needs to be strong for his daughter? You're all so good at keeping secrets it offends you when they come back to bite." Sirius turned away from them.

"Sirius, you must think about what is best for her." Lyall gestured to Bexley, her cheeks red with anger.

"That's all I ever do. I don't know the full depth of your secrets, but please trust me when I say that someone will crack and when they do, it'll be Bexley who pays the price."

***

The first few days of November were always the coldest, even more so when alone. The argument with her parents illuminated a few things to Bexley. One, her parents were bitterly afraid of the world and what was to come. Two, they were even more fearful of their own daughter and finally something was clawing its way to the surface. Never had she seen her mother snap like she did with the Lupin's and never had she seen herself more than when she saw Hope retaliate. Bexley was thankful to be home and so was Lily, she never left her side these days much to James's dismay.

"Where's Remus been hiding?" She uttered as Lily's quill scratched on her parchment. "I read his letter, he just said he needed space, it's been days and I haven't seen him properly once."

"Are you sure you read the letter?" Lily paused her note taking. What a silly question Bexley thought, she just said she had, instead she nodded her head. "Bex, I- I'm not sure how to say this but, well Remus hasn't exactly been seen by anyone."

"What are you on about?"

"After the...incident. I don't know where he's been or how he's doing it for that matter, but from what I've heard in whispers, he's in the Forbidden Forest most of the time. He hands homework in in the evenings and he doesn't sleep in the dorms anymore." Lily pursued her lips and watched as Bexley absorbed the information.

"But, his letter he-" It felt off, as Bexley held the letter in her hands the words didn't feel like Remus's. Closing her eyes, she envisioned the words and the curvise, but most prominently the signing of his name. "That fucking idiot." Bexley's eyes clouded over with anger and as she lept off her bed, Lily followed quickly behind.

"Bex, I'm sure he didn't mean it."

"Oh, he bloody well did." They climbed the stairs to the boy's dormitory and Bexley hammered on the door. "Open up you good for nothing lying, conniving little shit!" A bleary-eyed James opened the door.

"Flaming hell woman what is-" Bexley pushed him aside and stood at the foot of Sirius's bed.

"Who the fuck do you think you are! Where is his letter! What did you do with Remus's letter!"

"You need to stop and calm down-" In a fit of rage Bexley's hand rose, but its descent was halted by a soft hand around her wrist. As if it were real, Bexley was a child again and she saw herself running through the woods calling Remus's name. Much like the Forbidden Forest, the trees toward over her, but it didn't scare her instead it thrilled her, it wasn't ominous but welcoming.

"Remus! Come out! Mummy wants us back home now!" Bexley's younger self wandered deeper into the belly of the woods, where light could not penetrate, it appeared night. The woods creaked and all of a sudden it wasn't so calming but terrifying. It came alive with noise and with fear. Remus appeared running towards her. "Found you!" Bexley giggled, but Remus didn't smile, he clutched his hand round her wrist and pulled back towards civility.

"Come on Bexley!" The boy urged and with the sounds of growling, Bexley's feet quickened, she couldn't keep up with herself and tripped over an uplifted tree root, smacking her head on the trunk. A cool trickle of blood spilled down her face, the growling was in front of them now as Remus threw himself on her. There was crimson blood, so much of it. The woods stilled, as if in mourning the trees bent over and sheltered them from the outside world, drowning their calls.

"Remus?" Her small voice trembled.

The boy's dorm room was silent as Remus let go of Bexley's wrist.

"I- I don't remember that." Was all she could muster.

"The power of magic." Remus cooed his hand slipped into hers. Quietly, a small whirring noise could be heard and Bexley could feel something tickling her neck. Reaching down into her shirt she retrieved the small compass, once again it was moving frantically and as she studied it, Remus retrieved his own.

"How-" She looked between them, they were identical, moving with the same speed and no direction.

"I think you know. I think you've known longer than you care to admit." Tears pooled in his eyes as Bexley's mouth dropped open slightly. Something churned inside her and a lump rose to her throat. It was true, for years she had felt something, known something deep down but ignoring it was easier than accepting the truth of what her parents had done, her real parents. As the walls Bexley had built around this feeling crumbled, the compasses slowed down, until they completely stopped, pointing at Remus and his pointing at her. "And the penny drops," Remus spoke softly, smiling.

"You're my brother."

_______________________________
*Internally screams* I'm still shooketh from writing this😌. I hope you're all doing wonderfully! Thank you for supporting me and this story, I've made so many amazing friends on this app and grown to love literature and the imagination even more so since writing this little Fanfiction. We're coming to the end now, and I'm trying not to 🕺cry🕺. But don't fret! There is more madness from me yet to come.

Love, M🐥