Mythology.

Rain hammered against the Gryffindor tower, waking all its inhabitants. Bexley's night was torture, her sleep frequently disrupted with flashing, fleeting images of Sirius. His wand held up to her, she remembered the feeling of falling so vividly, as if she was pushed from the astronomy tower. Lily begin to rouse from the bed next to Bexley's, she made the usual funny noise she did when she stretched, she sat up and sauntered to Bexley's bed, pulling back the curtain, her hand gently shook Bexley awake, when there was no movement from under the covers, Lily pulled them back, her eyes startled by the sight before them. Bexley was curled in a small ball, her hair matted and sticking to her sweaty body. Lily placed the back of her hand against Bexley's forehead, she was feverish yet shaking, placing the cover's back over her sickly friend, Bexley opened her weary eyes to Lily's motherly smile.  

"Morning." Croaked Bexley.

"Morning. How do you feel?" Lily rubbed up and down Bexley's arm.

"I just have a headache is all."

"Bexley you're sheets are soaked through with sweat, this is more than just a headache." Lily sat crossed legged on the bed, pulling the curtain around them giving them some privacy as their roommates began to stir.

"It was a rough night." Bexley indicated, she wiped the sweat from her forehead and pulled her covers down.

"No, stay in bed. I'll let McGonagall know you're not well. Bexley, did you..." Lily's eyes became cautious, as she tried to articulate her worries "Did you have vision last night?" Bexley turned from Lily and muttered a quiet 'yes'. She sighed and continued to sooth Bexley. "You haven't had one for a while. What happened in-"

"Lily, sorry to interrupt guys but I think you should start getting ready, we're already running a little late." A calm voice spoke through the curtains.

"Thank you Alecia, Bexley isn't feeling too well so she'll be staying here today."

"Oh I'm sorry Bex, anything we can do? I could get the house elve's to bring you some food and water?"

"That'd be lovely thank you." Bexley's throat contrsicted as she spoke, worn and tired as if she had been screaming the whole night. Alecia's outline advanced towards the door of their dormitory and the other girls followed. "You'd best get ready for class." Bexley reassuringly smiled.

"If you're sure you don't want me to stay. I'll come and check on you at lunch alright?" Bexley nodded as Lily rose and changed into her school robes. With a few more fussing moments, Lily told Bexley once more she would be back to check on her at lunch, before she left, she flicked her wand over Bexley's bed and she felt the sheets beneath her dry, her hair became smooth once more and the smell of lilies permeated the room. Glancing nervously behind her Lily said good bye and headed down to the Great Hall. Their dorm mates informed Lily that a house elf would be up shortly and she thanked them for their help and together they quickly made their way down to breakfast.

As soon as Lily saw James, her lips curled at the edges and her nerves simmered down.

"Morning." James stood from the bench and pulled Lily into a hug, awkward at first with all the spectators, Lily sank into him and kissed his cheek, far more than James had been hoping for.

"Oh young love!" Sirius clutched at his chest and leaned into Remus who smirked.

"I would say there was jealousy in your deliverance Sirius." Lily grinned and sat down next to James who began pouring her tea, lots of milk and a teaspoon of honey. "I could get used to this."

"No Bexley this morning?" Sirius looked from Lily to the doors of the Hall, expecting her to come bounding in. He still had yet to discuss with her the matters of last night. All he was trying to do was to keep her safe, yet her curiosity made it quite damn difficult. Yet he knew it wasn't fair for him to bring up her secrets against her, he wasn't even sure if the rumour his mother had told him was true, he just wanted her to back off.  Lily paused buttering her toast and her forehead creased, her conscience battling as to whether to tell them the truth, or to  just simply lie.