Pleasantries.

Sirius turned up just in time for Arithmancy, he looked rather ragged Bexley thought yet she didn't say anything, he had after all protected from Lucius this morning. The day went by slowly and Bexley couldn't find the right time to thank him for his assistance that morning until they were all dozing in their seats in front of the fire in the Common room. Bexley was perched on the edge of the sofa as she gently tapped Sirius in his armchair.

"Sirius." She whispered. He opened his eyes immediately like he was waiting for her. He turned to look at her, his hair in his eyes and his tie askew with the first few buttons undone, he looked rather beautiful she thought. "I wanted to thank you for today. With Lucius, I mean I could have handled it but I really appreciate it." She reached for his hand and gave it a light squeeze, his fingers wound around hers. Her skin felt on fire and her stomach filled with butterflies, no, no no! She thought, get a grip, Bexley. But what Sirius did next made it rather difficult to get a grip.

"I'm sure you could've." Sirius had stood from his chair, still holding Bexley's hand and placed a soft kiss on her warm cheeks. Their faces inches apart, Bexley took in every inch of him, the soft waves of his hair, the soft curves of his nose and jaw. But most significantly was the vastness of his eyes. How far would she let herself fall into them? They lingered like this, everything else dissolved in the background and it was just the two of them, Bexley felt herself inching towards Sirius.

His eyes flickered from her eyes to her lips as she was inches from him if either of them spoke their lips would touch, Bexley, prayed for the courage to say something.  James began to stir, he yawned and made a very peculiar noise which of course woke the rest of the group.

"Where does the time go?" Lily stretched and quickly readjusted herself when she noticed just how close she was sitting next to James.

"I think I'm going to head up." Remus stood and brushed himself off. He cast a glance at Sirius which was aimed to be furtive, but Bexley caught it. There was almost a warning in Remus's eyes as he stared at his friend. Peter followed suit and muttered a quick good night. James began bothering Lily for a good night kiss as Sirius leant over and whispered in Bexley's ear.

"Ready for our date?" His lips almost touching her ear, Bexley jumped slightly. She turned to him, the light from the fire dancing on his face.

"Of course. I know earlier I said it wasn't a date, but well, I must admit I'm excited to get to know who you are Sirius Black." Bexley ran her fingers through her hair and tied it up, watching as Sirius's eyes lingered on her neck.

"I'm an open book, Morgan." He smiled.

"Far from it Black. Good night." She leant forward, placing a hand on one cheek, she kissed the other. Lightly with her thumb, she caressed his cheek. Sirius's dark eyes looked up into her bright ones, and as he did, he saw infinite possibilities.

"Come on Lil." Bexley turned to Lily and grabbed her by the hand, whisking her away but not before Lily could place a quick kiss on top of James's head. His face glowed a bright red and a pure smile grew on his face. Up in the dormitory, Lily confessed she was excited about her date with James and questioned Bexley as to whether she was looking forward to Saturday. Bexley kept her answers rather brief, she wasn't one to lay all her cards on the table at once and, she had to figure herself out first. Yet, as she laid in the darkness, staring out at the moon through her curtains, she wondered what secrets those boys kept. What secrets Sirius kept, what was going on inside that beautiful mind?

***

Wednesday came and went and lessons dragged on, the weather had taken an unexpected turn and rain had drenched the students. The girls and Marauders seemed to grow closer over the next few days, Lily slowly admitting to Bexley and herself that well, perhaps James Potter wasn't as bad as she thought. Bexley and Remus had finally organised a study timetable despite Sirius ridiculing them, claiming it was far too early to be revising. Yet he took special care in noting down Bexley's free periods.

"Oh, I hope the weather cheers up for Saturday!" Lily thought out loud in their Astronomy class. Bexley was busy huffing and sighing over her star chart to register what she had said.

"Lilith, get your butt up and help me! I don't understand how some people can find star charts fun!"

"Move over then!" Lily turned her attention back to their star charts which should have been full by then. "That's not Saturn." Lily pointed out as Bexley stared at her thoroughly unimpressed. Luckily their Professor dismissed them before Bexley had yet another breakdown about their N.E.W.T.'s. The Marauders joined them for lunch and discussed the events for Saturday, they would meet in Hogsmead a little earlier as Lily needed to purchase some new books, they would have their dates and then all meet up again at the Three Broomsticks. Sirius would not let up about what he had planned for their date, no matter how much Bexley persisted. James however, did not hold back on the details for his date with Lily, he had pulled out all the stops.

Filled with a mixture of dread and excitement, Bexley crawled into bed Friday evening and waited for Saturday to come.

***

"Come on sleepy head." Lily gently nudged Bexley's shoulder and handed her a steaming cup of coffee.

"Thanks, Lil, what time is it?"

"9."

"NO." Bexley threw herself back under her duvet and squeezed her eyes shut, hoping to slip back off to sleep. Lily was used to Bexley's tantrums in the morning and had the perfect solution. Bexley felt Lily's hand clasp around her ankle and prepared herself for what came next. She was dragged from her bed and found herself on the cold wooden floor.

"Get up and dressed! We have to meet by 11 remember." With mumbles and grumbles of disapproval Bexley threw on a pair of black jeans, a muggle band t-shirt and trainers. Completing her look by running a brush through her short frizzy hair, she deemed herself appropriate.

"Absolutely not." Lily looked at Bexley with her arms across her chest.

"What's wrong with it! It's modest!" Bexley admired her outfit in the mirror, she didn't want Sirius to think that their date was anything more than just friends hanging out. Despite this, there was a gnawing deep down in her stomach, that perhaps, she wanted there to be something more.

Lily, to Bexley's horror, held up a flowy summer dress as the weather had decided to play nice. It was covered with tiny daisies on a dark blue material. "No." Bexley announced firmly as Lily wriggled her eyebrows at Bexley and spun her wand between her fingers.

Bexley found herself in Hogsmead with the dress on that Lily had suggested.

"Oh come on! You look gorgeous! You're lucky I let you wear your trainers."

"You know that was abuse what you did. Plus, you're not even wearing a dress!" Bexley huffed as she kept pulling the dress down. Lily was dressed in a smart, yet casual floor length skirt, with birds swooping and gliding on the fabric, her top matched, with flowly sleeves and more colourful birds.

"Shut up!" Lily marched around Flourish & Blotts with her arms filled with books. Bexley too had collected a few that she found interesting, they were running late and hurried to paid before meeting their dates outside the Hogs Head. Lily's books kept slipping from her arms, and James ran over to her, taking half from her, tucking them under his arm before awkwardly greeting her with a kiss on the cheek and a bow? Sirius snickered before he approached Bexley.

"M'lady." Sirius mimicked James and offered his hand, which Bexley took and curtseyed.

"Good Sir." Bexley answered.

James led Lily back off to the shops whilst Sirius sauntered off to the hill which was covered in sunlight. Bexley hurried next to him and noticed a basket in his hand, she smiled to herself, perhaps he could be sweet she thought.

"You look exquisite Morgan," Sirius spoke as they advanced up the hill. This was the side of Sirius that she was interested in, this was the interior of Sirius Black that was kept well concealed from the world and partially from himself.

Bexley's face coloured a deep crimson as her heart fluttered, the young hearts both smiled at the ground, completely unaware of the effect they had upon each other.