Feuds.

"Oh, Merlin Remus you did not allow them to do this!" Bexley doubled over the table, her sides in stitches from the boys recounting some of their old tricks. Remus could not answer for he too was in fits of laughter.

"James! They were second years!" Lily scowled as laughter slipped from her lips.

"Come on! It was funny! Who else do you know has put a swamp in the middle of a hallway?" Sirius pips up, his hand still firmly resting on Bexley's thigh.

"You guys are one of a kind." Bexley rubs her stomach and wipes the tears from under her eyes. Was this the feeling she had been searching for? Bexley did not have a bad life, not at all. Her parents loved her, she had the most amazing friend in Lily, and now the Marauders. Yet, when Bexley laid there at night, staring up at the ceiling, she often succumbs to the numbest parts of herself, the parts of herself that made her doubt everything, the parts that had one day arrived from nowhere because Bexley never had a traumatic experience, it's just she's always remembered feeling like this. The feeling of air compressing her insides, squeezing her, it was like a wave of panic, but it was constant, even with Lily, whom she told everything, this sneaky feeling did not stop attacking her. So maybe, this feeling, this warmth will flush out the compressions? She hoped so, she truly did.

"Are you all right?" Sirius leaned over and whispered in her ear. "You seem miles away." Bexley reached under the table and squeezed Sirius's hand.

"I'm just happy." She offered a reassuring smile, one that made Sirius smile too, he nodded and turned his attention back to the table.

"I'll get the next round." James stood from the table and the group handed him some Galleons. "Oh, put your coins away, do I look like a Malfoy?"

"I'll help." Bexley rose and followed James to the bar. "So, how was your date with Lily?"

"Morgan, I'm in love. She's perfect! She's Lily! I mean, how can someone not love her?" James's ears glowed a hue of pink as his mind wandered to the feeling of holding Lily against him, his lips on hers, she tasted like strawberries and cream, exactly how he had imagined.

"I'm happy for you." And Bexley really meant it for she had come to care for this arrogant boy. "But just remember, if you hurt Lily, you'll be waking up missing a part of yourself." Bexley's lips curled and she batted her eyelashes in pretence. James's eyes went wide, but he quickly recollected himself.

"Bexley, if she wanted to break my heart for fun, I'd let her, I don't think I have it in me to hurt her." Bexley nodded in approval of his answers as Madam Rosmerta addressed them.

"Potter! When I tell you that you and Black are my main source of income I'm not joking. See that new music stand? That's what you and Black paid for!" She exclaimed.

"Well, you do sell the finest Fire Whiskey I've ever had." James replied.

"I still don't know how a pair of thirteen-year-old wizards persuaded me to let them have a Butter Beer."

"THIRTEEN" Bexley gaped at James.

"Oh yes love, they've been coming here before they could properly pronounce wingardium leviosa. Now, what can I get you?"

"Six Butter Beers, please. We're drinking with light weights today." James smirked.

"James, you've been coming since you were that young! How on Earth did you manage to even get out of the castle!"

"We have a map of course." As James spoke with an air of superiority, his eyes flashed with worry and his expression change. "Don't tell the others! I mean, you know, don't want everyone knowing." He added hastily, wiping his hands on his trousers Bexley eyed him suspiciously.