Lessons.

"Bexley! Come down to the library with me." Mrs Black's voice called out to her. It was the day before the ball and the house looked splendid, invitations had been sent and Bexley had a personal hand in sealing Bellatrix's. By the look on Mrs Black's face it was obvious it had been intentional and although they weren't speaking, Bexley saw Sirius's knuckles turn white as she sealed her invitation and her scarred forearm peeked from under her sleeve. 

"Of course." Bexley departed from her room and under Regulus's watchful eye, accompanied Mrs Black down to the library. The house always got colder during the evenings and Bexley was thankful for the jumper she had stolen from Sirius, pulling the sleeves over her hands she watched Mrs Black reprimand her. Gliding into the library, Mrs Black made her way to the back of the room, Bexley had never been down that end as she rather enjoyed the tales which resided in the front of the library. 

"This, Bexley is the history of the Slytherin House and consequently the Black's origins." Mrs Black carefully placed the book on the table in front of them and flicked through generations of witches and wizards, some Bexley recognised from school. Turning the book towards Bexley, Mrs Black indicated to a page of the very first Black family member. 

"History always fascinates me," Bexley spoke calmly. 

"And are you fascinated with the way in which history repeats itself?" Bexley looked at Mrs Black in confusion. "You see, Eduardus Black was much like Sirius. A rebellious boy who thought he knew better, who thought he could outrun his destiny. After years of running, he met a muggle girl, fell in love he thought. Yet, when she broke his heart, he killed her. In fact, he killed many people, but he returned home and fulfilled himself." 

"Quite a man." Bexley gulped. 

"I see him in Sirius. You are his hindrance and whilst he may fool himself with love, it is nothing but a stupid fantasy we create to disillusion ourselves with the idea that we are safe, as long as we love." 

"I pity those who don't love Mrs Black." Bexley felt pride surge through her as she uttered Dumbledore's words. 

"Then you have sealed your fate." 

"Still rambling on about fate mother dearest?" Sirius appeared from behind a bookcase, his hands deep in his pockets. 

"It is the truth, Sirius. You will see it but only when she is gone." Sirius stalked towards his mother and carefully held Bexley's hand. 

"That day shall never come." Sirius pulled Bexley away from his mother and out of the library. "Are you alright?" 

"Oh you know, as well as one can be after being threatened." Sirius chuckled at Bexley and led her down to the ballroom. Instead of sitting at one of the tables, Sirius laid sprawled on the tiled floor and Bexley laid next to him. 

"Tomorrow evening, there will be people here Bexley."

"It is a ball, Sirius, I should think it pretty bland if no one attended."

"Dangerous people. Bellatrix for one, I would like it if you stayed near me for the evening." 

"My, my I don't think I've ever heard Sirius Black ask something so kindly. How could I ever refuse after asking in that manner?" 

"Good." Bexley shot upright, her eyes wide, Sirius sat up next to her. "What is it?" 

"Sirius I haven't a dress! Godric, how could I forget I don't have a dress! I refuse to wear one of your mothers." Bexley frowned at the idea of prancing around in a Slytherin coloured dress. 

"Leave it to me." 

"How are you going to get a dress at such short notice! Oh, and I can't even dance properly! I'm going to make a right fool of myself." Bexley buried her face in her hands.

"I think you've already covered the fool aspect," Sirius smirked and Bexley whacked his arm. "Oh come on." Sirius got up off the floor and helped Bexley up too. 

"What are we doing?"

"I'm teaching you how to dance dummy." Sirius pulled Bexley to him, placing a hand at her waist he placed her small hand on his shoulder and interlocked their free hands. "Now, you just have to follow my lead." 

"Why can't I lead?" 

"Because you're the lady, it's not tradition."

"Hmph, you had no problem with following my lead when we kissed," Bexley grumbled.

"Chin up." Sirius's fingers tilted Bexley's face up to him. "Good girl." Shivers ran down her spin simply at his words and his fingers stroking her waist. 

"But, I need to look at your feet, to see where you're going." 

"If you came a bit closer" his hand on her waist pushed her so their bodies were flushed together. "Much better. What did I say about chin up." 

"Sorry." Bexley chewed her bottom lip nervously as they began to move, feeling their bodies so tightly pressed together, Bexley's heart pounded and it was a surprise he hadn't commented on it yet. 

"Good, but a little lighter on your feet, no need to stomp." Sirius's hand reached down to the back of her knee and squeezed lightly. "See? Much better." His fingers lingered and stroked one of her most sensitive spots, her knees buckled and Sirius's grip tightened. "Maybe not that light." He grinned and they began to move again. "We'll make a dancer of you yet. Now, for the dip." 

"The wha- NOPE!" Sirius flung Bexley backwards and she clung to his neck. "I swear to Godric Sirius if you drop me you are not getting any birthday presents!" Bexley squeezed her eyes shut, preparing to make contact with the cold floor.

"Just trust me, okay?" His words coated her and Bexley unscrewed her eyes, her hands moved back to his shoulders and her frame became softer and less tense. "See? Not so bad. Chin up." He uttered softly. 

"Yes sir." Bexley's eyes enlarged at her own words and Sirius's tongue darted out to lick his lips. 

"That'll do for this evening." Sirius helped her back to standing position and they stared at each other as something grew between them. Bexley felt static standing in such proximity to him and Sirius got goosebumps as he gazed at Bexley's bottom lip. 

"Master Black, Mistress has requested we turn in early for the ball." Kreacher apparated in front of them and like that the static was gone. 

"Thank you, Kreacher." Bexley smiled down at him and let him lead her to her room, Sirius in tow muttering curses. "Good night Kreacher. Good night Sirius." Her eyes lingered on him as Kreacher ensured Sirius was shown to his room too. Flopping onto the bed, Bexley's heart rate still thrummed and buzzed and her toes curled as she recalled the feeling of him against her.