Suspicion.

Mingled in each other, Sirius woke before Bexley, during the night she had been jumpy and cried out a couple of times, Sirius didn't know whether to wake her or not, but she seemed to subdue when he pulled her onto his chest. Her head moving up and down with every breath he took, the sliver of her necklace peeped up again. Discreetly Sirius retrieved it and thumbed over the compass, his mind created many scenarios and explanations as to why Remus had a matching one, maybe it was something they had since they were little, as he tried to convince himself of this answer, something in his stomach just couldn't settle with this verdict. Bexley stretched on his chest and looked up at him, her chin resting on his chest.

"Good morning." She greeted him drowsily and he returned the look, surreptitiously he placed the necklace back as Bexley rubbed her eyes.

"Morning." He grinned, her hair was almost as wild as his, sticking up in various places, bushy and soft. Bexley shimmied her body up his and placed a quick kiss on his lips before nuzzling her head under his chin. Sirius's fingers drew precarious circles on her bare thigh, making Bexley alarmingly aware of how much she wanted his fingers somewhere else.

"What time is it?" Bexley's voice croaked slightly and Sirius smiled against her hair.

"6 am. I'm surprised you're up this early, to be honest."

"Ugh, me too." Bexley groaned at the earliness "Did I wake you up?" She began to move off of him, as she became aware of how much pressure she must be putting on him.

"No, you're okay." Sirius held Bexley's arms to pull her back against him. "I don't sleep a lot, maybe a couple of hours a night." He spoke nonchalantly.

"Oh." Bexley frowned with sympathy as her mind whirred at where he found his energy despite lack of sleep. "Is it insomnia? Or something of the sorts?" She spoke slowly, brushing his hair from his eyes.

"Yup." He brushed it off, the lack of sleep didn't bother him half as much as it bothered her. Because Bexley knew how peaceful sleep was, how escaping it could be. Where there were moments last term where all she would wake up for was the relief of knowing she could sleep, to slip off into nothingness just for a few hours.

"I'm sorry Sirius."

"What are you apologising for?" He chuckled, the vibrations running through Bexley.

"Well, the fact that I sleep like a log and you don't, I feel evil."

"I don't mind, you're interesting to watch when you sleep, especially when you dribble that shit is adorable." Sirius joked.

"Piss off." Bexley wiped the corners of her mouth and sat upon Sirius, pulling her hair into a stubby ponytail, Sirius pulled little bits of hair out, messing it up. "Must you act like an ape?"

"Yes." Sirius continued pulling her hair, earning a sweet scowl from Bexley.

"Sirius it's hard enough without you doing that." Bexley tried to smooth her frizzy hair.

"What's hard about tying your hair back?" he retorted. Bexley pinged her hairband at him.

"You try to tame this mane then." Bexley sat in between his legs with her back against his chest as Sirius humorously trying to keep all the bumps in her hair smooth, whilst trying to collect bits of flyaway hair. Bexley couldn't help but laugh as he cursed her hair and tried repeatedly to capture her hair, she put him out of his misery and retrieved her hairband from him and tied it back quickly, Sirius huffed in defeat.

"What's our plan for today?" Sirius asked as Bexley clambered back onto him.

"At lunch I have to go to the library, and return a book, um I think Remus and I have revision tonight, I have to finish my flipping star chart, write a letter to my parents in the evening about meeting with the Ministry and then bed," Bexley announced, reminding herself of her tasks for the day.