Scheming.

The next week was filled with days of endless apologies from James. Lily was adamant to make him truly repent for what he had done, she wanted him to understand that whilst Severus could be vicious, he still for some unexplainable reason, was important to her. Bexley and Sirius had not yet spoken to each other about those nagging feelings, and the more they avoided the conversation, the worse their agitation became.

"Oh for goodness sake Bexley go and talk to him." Huffed a rather feisty Lily on Wednesday morning. The girls refrained from sitting with the boys for a while, it was an unspoken agreement that some space perhaps was best for both parties, yet both often caught the other staring.

"Fine!" Bexley exclaimed. Lily had been snapping at Bexley far more frequently in the past few days than she normally did, and whilst Bexley loved her, it infuriated her. Bexley rose from her breakfast, swung her bag over her shoulder and marched towards Sirius, in hopes to inspire this confidence in Lily.

"Morning." Bexley made her presence known, they all replied politely. "Sirius, can I have a word please." She eyed him nervously, aware their fellow Gryffindor's were listening in.

"Of course. I'll see you guys in class." Sirius stood and grabbed his bag and hooked his cloak over it. They walked out the Hall in silence, eyes followed them as they left. Bexley gestured to a deserted corridor and they took a seat on a stone bench.

"I didn't like the tone you spoke to me the other day." Bexley got right to the point which seemed to unnerve Sirius.

"What?"

"Don't start on him is what you said. If you had let me explain, you would've found out I actually agreed with James's actions, I just think he should've taken into account that Lily was there when he decked Severus." Sirius seemed to mutter under his breath before he ran a hand through his tousled hair.

"Morgan, I'm sorry, I just, my first instinct is-"

"Protect." Bexley interjected.

"Yes. It is. It was a long time coming what James did and it frustrated me that you didn't seem to agree with his decision."

"Believe me, I do. Severus needs to cut the crap and stop using that word. Why do you think I hit Malfoy? I just think he could've been more aware of Lily's odd relationship with Severus."

"Hmm, it would've saved him a lot of trouble."

"Indeed." Bexley agreed.

"James is turning into a mad man with all this ignoring each other bullshit."

"I know. You know he practically jumped on me in Defence to ask how Lily was." Sirius smirked and leaned back against the wall.

"Hmm, sounds like him. Is Lily any closer to forgiving him?"

"She just wants him to understand that he shouldn't have punched Severus. Fists are not the answer apparently." Bexley flung her arms out in mock surprise.

"If only there was a way for him to proclaim his undying love, that should do the trick." Sirius laughed at the idea, but Bexley's eyes lit up. "What you thinking Morgan?"

"I'm thinking James Potter proclaims his undying love for Lily Evans." Bexley announced, rather pleased with herself.

***

Bexley and Sirius devised a plan which they were certain would reunite Lily and James, because if they weren't together, what hope did the rest of them have? James seemed very ecstatic in regards to their scheming, Sirius admitted that he had never seen James this quiet before, it was scaring him just a tad.