Adoration.

Swirled into each other felt like the safest place in the world to them. Their little cove of desire to banish all the evils of the world, evils which lurked within them. Bexley had wrapped herself around Sirius, afraid that he'd be torn from her, Sirius welcomed the feeling and mirrored her, his hands lost in her hair, the tips of their noses gently brushing with each breath.

"I haven't said it yet, but I love you too." Bexley looked up at him, a sleepy grin across her face.

"I gathered." Bexley gestured to their intimate position, disbelief swirled in her mind, was this happening? Had she really fallen for the mischievous youth who used to pull her pigtails? For Sirius, disbelief was replaced with relief because she was finally in his arms. Sirius looked down at her and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, the freedom of being able to do so caused a surge of something through him. The feeling was indescribable, but he knew if tangible the feeling would have wings.  "What's on your mind?" Bexley brushed a few waves of his hair off his forehead, admiring him. You, Sirius, thought.

"This is the happiest I've ever been. But mostly Quidditch tryouts." He smirked and she lightly whacked his arm, he feigned pain and pulled her even closer.

"What position are you going for?"

"Beater of course." Sirius flexed his muscles and Bexley raised her brows.

"I think I'm going for Chaser." Sirius sat up, rolling Bexley off him he looked at. "What?" She questioned his spacious eyes.

"Bexley that's dangerous, you can't play. I don't feel like seeing the girl I love knocked off her broom and plummet to the ground!" Despite his blatant sexism, Bexley's heart skipped at his worry and care.

"I'm going to play Black. I love that you're worried, but I want to play. Hufflepuff has a girl on their team why can't Gryffindor?"

"It's not about that. It's the fact I don't know what I'll do if you're hurt. We both know I already have an inclination to get angry." Bexley's mind wandered to previous accounts where Sirius's temper flared all too quickly in Quidditch games.

"Well, how do you think I'll feel seeing you flying around up there?"

"I'm Beater, I'm the dangerous one!" He held an imaginary bat.

"You can protect me then! Thank you for your concerns Sirius, it means the world to me, but I cannot not play." Sirius gazed into Bexley's resolute eyes, no matter how much he protested, he knew she wouldn't budge, it just meant that he had to step up his game.

"Alright, you have my blessing." Sirius huffed and pulled her back into his chest.

"I appreciate it. You do know I would've done it without your blessing thought right?" Bexley chuckled.

"You're insufferable." He kissed the top of her head, the vibrations of her laughter tingling his lips. Try-outs were being held next week on Tuesday evening the first day of October, Bexley lacked the confidence to apply before, but over the summer with words of motivation from Lily and her parents, being Chaser didn't seem as impossible anymore. The Houses had started inviting girls onto their teams, Hufflepuff being the first to take strides in the modern direction, Beater Jordan Banes heading up the campaign, after her first game, she had become a sensation. "Where did you even learn to play Quidditch?" Sirius inquired.

"Remus and I used to play when we were little, we grew up a few roads from each other."

"I forget that you two have known each other years. What was he like as a child?"

"Remus was Remus. Drinking black coffee from his parent's mugs as long as I can remember! They were so lovely to me, treated me like a daughter." Bexley's mind reminisced the days where Remus and she would run through sprinklers and make potions with different coloured water. "But, then things went a little weird. I think we were about four and well, I stopped seeing him. He wasn't allowed to come out and play anymore, I could only see him through the curtains for months." Sirius's eyes clouded over as if he was trying to picture the scene, a young Bexley peering through Remus's living room curtains.