Eyes.

"That's why we didn't see each other for a while." Remus's head bent low as he had recounted his story to Bexley. Her mouth formed the perfect 'O' as the boy she grew up with divulged his darkest secret. Words left her, how could she respond to this? All Bexley knew was that she didn't want him to feel alone ever again, she pulled him into a hug, her watery eyes blemishing her vision.

"The bite, has it healed?" Bexley pulled away from him and wiped under her eyes.

"Yes, but the scaring is still quite clear." Remus untucked his school shirt and pulled up the left side, he was right, the bite was still prominent, without thought, she ran her fingers over the markings, her stomach sank.

"I'm so sorry Remus. I don't know how I didn't see this, I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, I should have been-" she admonished herself.

"Bexley, calm down. It wasn't your fault I didn't tell you. You were the only one who treated me like a human." Remus solemnly chuckled as he tucked in his shirt.

"I don't care what you are, you are bloody Remus John Lupin and I love you like a brother." Bexley beamed.

"And you're bloody Bexley Evelyn Morgan, and I love you too." Remus rubbed Bexley's shoulder as guilt chewed her insides for snapping at him early.

"So, is it different every month?"

"Yup makes it a royal pain in the arse." Bexley's chest tightened at how carefree Remus seemed when he had this inside him.

"And this month you're agitated?" Remus nodded. "Do they know?" The question which had been bothering Bexley tumbled from her mouth.

"Of course they do."

"I'm happy you weren't alone in this." Bexley's voice wandered off.

"What's wrong?"

"This is going to sound crazy, but that night in the Forest, it was you."

"You're wondering why I didn't tear you apart?"

"Well yes. Lycanthropes aren't exactly known for their rationality." Their laugher eased some of the tension.

"Honestly Bexley, I don't know. There was something about that night, in my being, I couldn't bring myself to hurt you. I'm never usually that sentimental in form, usually, I'm throwing Sirius around." Remus laughed but Bexley's eyes widened in fear.

"Of course he'd put himself in that position! Does he not know how dangerous it is to be in that proximity with a werewolf-"

"You don't know, do you?"

Bexley's head tilted to the side "What do you mean?" Remus's lips formed a tight line. "Oh no, no, no. You have to tell me now, Moony." The meaning behind his nickname becoming that much clearer to her.

"The boys, well they, they sort of became Animagi..." Remus's eyes scanned Bexley's blank face, searching for a response.

"Those absolute reckless dumb asses!" Bexley stressed. "Please tell me they're at least registered?" Remus glanced over the opposite side of the room, his answer plastered across his face. "Godric help us." Bexley rubbed her hand over her face, despite her annoyance at the boys she had come to love, Bexley's mind calmed as their secrets came to light and untangled the shroud of mystery they had covered themselves in.

"There you two are! Miss Morgan, as a key member of the schools society I would not expect this from you! And Mr Lupin, this is not the behaviour I would expect from you." Professor McGonagall flung open the door and shrieked at their nonchalance. They sprung off the desk and muttered their apologies to McGonagall before smirking to each other and heading in opposite directions for their duties.