No Means No

Y/n's POV

I woke up and checked the time to see that it was already 1:30 pm. I must've slept through the whole morning.

At least I have three hours until I have to leave for dinner with my high school friends.

I stood up and got out of bed. I looked around the house but realized my parents were not home. I shrugged and walked to the kitchen.

I tried my best to make pancakes, but I accidentally burnt them. I will be honest, I am not the best cook out there, but I try my best to get by every day.

After eating, I decided to shower and get ready. I went to my room and tried to pick out an outfit for dinner. I was not sure what to wear. 

Eventually, I decided on wearing a semi-formal outfit.

I checked the clock, and it was time to go. I texted Ryujin since I was ready to pick her up.

Y/n: "Are you ready to get picked up? I am coming over since we should be meeting them soon."

Ryujin: "Okay, sounds good! I am ready, and I will be waiting outside on the front porch."

Y/n: "Alright, see you there!"

-

Ryujin's POV

I waited for Y/n to pick me up while standing on the front porch. I noticed her car had arrived, and I waved at her. But when she lowered the window, I couldn't help but stare at her.

She usually does not wear anything formal, so it is odd to see her dressed like that. But all I thought at the moment was how pretty she was. 

"Are you just going to stand there and stare at me all day?" Y/n laughed at me while I made a disgusted face and rolled my eyes at her.

"Are you kidding me? Why would I look at you? You look so gross." I angrily replied while walking to the car and sitting in the passenger seat. 

"Are you sure? I mean, you were just standing there looking right at me and didn't move until I had to say something." She cutely smiled at me.

When she smiled at me, it made my heart start racing. 

I crossed my arms and looked away, staying silent the whole ride.

When we arrived, we went inside the restaurant and greeted our friends. We chose to eat at a karaoke kbbq restaurant to all sing together.

"Hey, everyone!" I said to our friends. 

Y/n and I's friend group consisted of Hyunjin, Felix, Bangchan and Jennie.

"Heyy! You guys finally arrived!!!" Hyunjin excitedly said to both of us.

Felix and Bangchan motioned both of us to sit next to them. We took our seats and started eating.

As I talked with our friends and laughed at their jokes, I started clinging onto Y/n's arm.

"Are you guys together or something?" Jennie called out towards Y/n and me.

Everyone looked at us. Bangchan and Felix started making squealing noises as they thought we looked cute together. Y/n looked up from her food, very confused.

"We aren't dating. We are just best friends," Y/n told them while laughing and smiling.

I looked down at my food while clenching my jaw. I excused myself to the bathroom.

In the bathroom, I glanced at myself in the mirror.

"Are we really just best friends? I guess so... I don't even know why I care that she said that. It's not like I like her." I said out loud, giving a big sigh.

I fixed my outfit as I went back out to find Bangchan singing.

"OYYY FELIXXX SING WITH ME, MATE!" Bangchan yelled into the microphone.

Felix stood up to pick up the other mic. I laughed and listened to them as they sang Lego House by Ed Sheeran.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a lego house!" Bangchan started singing.

We all clapped for him and even used our phones as flashlights. I will admit he has always been a good singer.

"If things go wrong, we can knock it down!" Felix sang after Bangchan.

It was enjoyable to listen to them sing. Bangchan and Felix were very good at it.

After dinner, Y/n and I thanked everyone for coming. We waited for everyone to leave the restaurant first before leaving. I noticed Y/n was tired since she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Wait here, okay. I will get the car, and then I will call you when I am in front of the restaurant," I told Y/n. She slowly nodded as she removed her head from my shoulder. 

I walked out of the restaurant, but a man stopped me as soon as I was about to head to the car.

"Hey, pretty lady! You look so beautiful. Can I get your number?" The man asked me, and I looked at him, shocked.

"Sorry, no, I am not interested." I politely declined him since I was not interested in males. I tried walking away, but he grabbed my wrist.

"Why don't you give me a chance, huh? I am pretty worthy of being your boyfriend" I tried to remove my wrist from his grip, but it was too strong. I tried screaming for help.

I saw Y/n running out of the restaurant. She ran towards me and kicked the guy in the back. After falling, the guy stood up and tried to punch Y/n, but she blocked him. 

Although, she didn't notice his other fist. He hit her in the face as she fell. She quickly stood back up and clenched her fist as she punched him hard in the face.

Once he collapsed, she took my wrist and ran off with me to the car. As she drove me back to the house, I looked at her, and she seemed tense.

"Thank you, Y/n, you really saved me out there," I happily told her while glancing down, smiling. 

"No problem! I am always here for you no matter what." Y/n told me as I started feeling my cheeks were warming up. 

Maybe I was getting sick? I am not sure...

"H-Hey want to come over to my house? It is already late." I asked and glanced at Y/n while trying to cool my face down.

"Yeah, sure, I would like that a lot!" Y/n smiled at me for a second, then looked back at the road. 

I thought to myself, "why do I feel this way?"