Eavesdrop

Y/n's POV

I woke up to Ryujin still in my arms. I hope the cuddle made her feel calmer since she seemed tense earlier. 

I removed myself slowly out of bed so I can warm up food.

I toasted up some Eggos and made us a smoothie. I am worried that if I cook, I might end up food poisoning both of us.

I saw that Ryujin opened the door and instantly ran to the bathroom. I hope she is okay. Maybe she forgot something in the bathroom?

"Hey Ryujin, after you are done using the bathroom, you can come to eat breakfast. It's in the kitchen!" I knocked on the door to let her know since she wasn't coming out.

"Okay, thanks." She spoke quickly and soon became silent again. 

After finishing my food, I decided to head back to my house since I needed to change clothes. I went to my car, but before I drove off, I texted Ryujin. 

Y/n: "I know you haven't left the bathroom yet, but I have to head back home to change my clothes." 

Y/n: "I warmed up Eggos and made a smoothie for you, which is in the fridge. I hope you enjoy it!"

Ryujin: "Thanks again, Y/n"

I finally drove back home and went inside my house. I noticed my parents were in their workroom.

I decide to scare them, so I slowly walked to their workroom. As I was about to scream and scare them, I heard something. I decided to hide behind the door and eavesdrop on them. 

"Honey... We need to tell Y/n soon." I became confused at my dad's words. 

"I think now is a good time. We haven't been telling her the truth for the past 18 years. I regret it, but at least it was for her own good." 18 years? What have they been hiding from me for 18 YEARS?!?

"I feel like she wouldn't want to move to Korea and go to the University there..." KOREA? Excuse me, what? MOVING??

"We don't have much of a choice. We are running out of time." Running out of time? For what?

"I hope she will go. We can still make her pursue what she wants." I want to stay here and go to UCLA with Ryujin! I already had a plan set...

"What about Ryujin?" If I move, I won't be able to see her anymore... 

"Well, we could just make her move with us." How could they talk about this so lightly?

I felt so angry. I decided to leave. I didn't want my parent to know I was there, so I quickly went to my room and changed. Then I left the house quietly. 

I didn't want to think about all of this, it was too overwhelming. I decided to go to the mall for a couple of hours. 

I stopped in front of a Starbucks to get coffee to help myself calm down. 

I walked in, and the girl taking my order was checking me out. I felt uncomfortable, but I continued to order.

"Hey, can I get a caramel frap?" I said, trying to fake a smile.

"Sounds good. I'll add extra whip cream just for you." She winked at me, and I stood there feeling uneasy. 

I just wanted to get out of this situation as soon as possible. After ordering, I sat down to wait for my drink.

The girl called up my name as she pushed the other employee to the side and wrote something on a piece of paper. When I went to pick up my drink, she slid her phone number next to my glass.