Well it's got to start somewhere

Just sat there made me realise how lucky I was. An amazing boyfriend, amazing family, and an amazing future ahead of me. I really didn't expect this to happen in life. I couldn't wish to have anything more could I??

Every since I was young I have always had a dream, to sing. But I never really thought I could ever make it; so I gave up on the idea; decided to be a teacher instead. This is what I really thought was meant to happen to me. To become a teacher, helping children get an education some people never had.I just thought that was what life wanted me to do. Even though I had friends that wanted to support me in a music career, I never really believed in myself until saw certain people on the TV; on a show called 'The X Factor'.

~~~~~~~

The first day I saw One Direction perform was at the judges house', Simon's house. Laying back on the sofa, with my Tractor mug with the worlds disgusting cup of tea in it, and a packet of Bourbon biscuits I was sharing with my family. They performed 'Torn'; Back then I wasn't keen on one Direction, But as the weeks past in the Live Shows, I began to grow to them. Non of my friends liked them at the time, so I kept it quiet to myself. The first time I really,REALLY took notice of them was in week 7, Beatles week; they sang, 'all you need is love'. I sat there putting my mug on the side table, singing and dancing to the music. one of my favourite songs ever. 'LUCY!' I carried on dancing and singing oblivious to my mum shouting me. 'LUCY!' finally after they stopped performing, I turned and realised my mum standing there with a disapprovingly on her face. 'Lucy, I have been shouting your for the last few minutes,you need to stop watching the tv and concentrate on more important things' I mimicked her words and in return she gave me 'the look'. 'the look' was one of those things that was the world most scariest thing when you were younger. 'did u seriously just interrupt me from watching ONE DIRECTION, to give me a lecture on a tv! was there anything else you seriously wanted to tell me?'

'Yes there is'

'What then?'

'do you want a fresh cuppa?'

Rolling my eyes i replied with 'Yes OK. Thanks' with that I sat back down, sunk back into the sofa, and carried on watching The X Factor. Thanks to my mum i had missed the comments from their performance. CHEERS MOTHER!

Seeing them there made me want to pursue a music career even more; it was always in the back on my mind but i just ignored it once again. There was not a single day that went past when I wasn't thinking about them. Every second of everyday they were on my mind. I didn't pay attention to my college work because of them. Every week while they were still performing on the live shows, I got goose bumps when they performed. Going back to college on the Monday after they had performed was horrible. I just wanted to discuss my feelings for them with someone, but no-one in my college class liked them. They were all Olly Murs fans; Don't get me wrong, I love him too but right now it was One Direction that were on my mind. I hated it, it was horrible. In the Shows they kept getting stronger and stronger, but yet still no-one took notice of them. The week of the live finals, i was so happy they were there. Not coming 3rd. I thought they might have had a chance at winning. But then It was called out, They had done really well. but they only reached 2nd place. One Direction are like my 'guilty pleasure' and now that its been 2 years since that X Factor final, and no-one at my school knew how much they meant to me, I thought it was time to tell my college friends. I was going to tell my best college friends, Beth and Morgan. I didn't know how they were going to react to my thoughts on the boys. It was going through my head all that night and I hardly slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What if one day I met One Direction? I wonder what all my college friends would think? wonder if they'ed by happy for me? I would have thought they would be? I would rub it in their faces to be honest. 'I MET ONE DIRECTION' .......

My body shacking like a rag doll i heard my name being called. 'Lucy!' and short pause was given, 'LUCY!' My eyes shot open to see the sight of my best friend. I don't know how long I had been day-dreaming but soon the lesson was over. 'Finally! hello. lessons over. Me and Morgan are going to McDonalds, Do you want to come with us, or shall i just buy you your usual?.... Not the McChicken sandwich meal because you don't like them! but a Chicken Mayonnaise sandwich off the savers menu, Medium fries, and a small diet coke with no ice!' 

'Oh Beth, you know me too well.'  Smiling at me like a little sweetheart they both left the room so i could speek to sarah. It is hard to think i have only known Beth and Morgan for 4 Months. Its asthough i've known them for years! ..... Cheesy. I sat with my head down, playing with my rings on my fingers, when i heard a sigh from Sarah. 

'Whats up Lucy?'

'I..... I don't know if this course is for me. I mean deep inside, being a teacher is just my second choice of career. I mean I'd love to work with childr-'

'If ou don't think this is right for you Lucy, its a good job your talking to me now and now it a few months time when you've put all the effort in. What is it that you really want to do?'

'er-erm, I want to sing....' I waited for a laugh, a smirk, a sarcastic comment. Nothing. There was silence in the room. I lifted my head up, an emotionless face. It was hard to read what she was thinking. I just waited; and waited; and waited. My eyes slowly gazed back down to stare at  my rings. Still waiting in the silence i heard the door slam shut. I was all alone in the classroom. 

Comment, Vote & Fan