Night Before

It was the night before your first day. 11:28 pm ~ With your father's right-hand man, Leslie Tadao, but you called him Lollie, by your side.

"Send Toi in," you said into a mic as you pressed a button near the phone.

You were waiting in a blue low-lit conference room for one of your new workers to bring in a blade you needed for a client's machine.

The two-toned, three-eyed, drooling goblin stumbled in through the long door walking up to a stretched-out glossed grey table with 20 chairs lining it up.

He was walking towards you all nervous with a Mecc-Machines bag clenched tight in his hand. You rose a brow to him.

He placed the packet on the table and slid it over. As it reached you, you looked down at it. Stared for a while, then looked back at him... then back at the packet. You looked around if this was supposed to be a joke.

"Wh-what is this..what am I supposed to do with this Toishuma?" you let out while you shrugged your shoulders looking away.

"I-I-I got what b-boss write..right?" fear still going through him knowing he messed up.

Why was he scared?

"Toi.. I didn't write this.... I wrote 'WintBlade', you brought me a 'PintBlade'. I can't use this." shaking your head, you went to pick up the packet again.

The WintBlade was a wide blade which was what you needed. He brought you a PintBlade which was a tiny blade.

You notice he started shaking and sweating profusely and was very confused.

"Toi, are you oka-"

"I AM SORRY BOSS P-PLEASE SPARE ME!" he interrupted bowing his head. You raised your eyebrow looking down at the back of his head.

*sigh* "Toi, get up." when he heard your rather calm voice he slowly stood up straight. "Did you..not..um read it right?" you asked hesitantly scratching your head with your faced scrunch up. He was a grown man.. that mixed the W with P.

"I stop school a-at young age." he looked down embarrassed.

Hmph..

After hearing that, you got up which made him flinch but you were walking horizontally towards a phone that was a couple of feet away from you. You picked up the head, pressed '8', and dialed a number.

The room was quiet for a moment with a faint ring to fill it. You picked up the phone base while twirling the spiral cord in between your index and middle finger. Toishuma started hyperventilating.

The ringing stopped.

"Hello?"

...

"Hi, Tokoo!"

...

"Sorry to bother you, I hope you aren't too busy."

...

"Great! Could you please come upstairs? I have a job for you."

...

"Ok, see you soon, bye~" *click*

You put the phone back on the counter, sat back on it, crossed your arms, and waited.

+++

Complete silence for 17 minutes. As every minute being longer than the last, the more suspenseful the environment felt. Even Lollie didn't know what was happening.