Chapter 51: Sweet Creature.

[Wherever I go, you bring me home]

ONE YEAR LATER

      Home. 

      The place I've missed so much with everything in me. Everything about it. The coffee shops, my friends, but most of all, Niall. I missed him a lot. I couldn't handle not seeing him.

      I kept my promise in the beginning. I tried to go to the boy's shows if I was ever near them, but my new bosses wouldn't let me. God, working for a boy band with little to no respect for their crew was infuriating! I want this, I want that. They were complete douche bags! Thank God the tour ended. I couldn't last another day with those pricks.

      I've never hated anyone more than I did with those boys. 

      I never should have taken that job. I regret it so much. 

      When I got off the plane, I looked around for Yomara, who was supposed to pick me up. She said something about needing to tell me something very important. I don't know, anything she says is important is never really extremely important. I looked over and beside the crowds of people. Until eventually I found Yomara rubbing her hands together nervously. When she saw me, I saw her expression completely change to happy. 

      We ran to each other. She embraced me tightly. "Oh my God! You're actually home!" She exclaimed holding me by the shoulders. 

      "I am home!" 

      "And you got skinnier!" Her mouth falls. That wasn't on purpose. The band I worked for gave me a lot of work and trouble about their photos and most times, I didn't have time to eat. 

      "I did!" 

      "Oh my God, I'm so glad you're home!" She smiles and hugs me again. I hug back and sigh when we release from the hug. 

      "Alright, let's get out of here." She says grabbing my luggage. 

      "So, how was the last leg?" She asks as we walk out of the airport. I roll my eyes and shake my head. 

      "Those boys are brats!" I exclaimed. 

      "That bad?" 

      I nod, "Yes! They were goddamn divas!" When we reach her car, she opens up the trunk. "I'm so glad that I'm away from those children." I sigh as Yomara closes the trunk. 

      "I am too. Whenever I called, it sounded like dogs and cats." I giggle as we walk to our sides of the car. 

      We each get in and tie our seat belts. With the turn of the key, the car comes on and the AC blows in my face. "How'd you manage to get out of work?" I ask referring to her still in her uniform. 

      "It wasn't easy, but I said that you were coming home and needed a lift." She says the first part in a sarcastic tone. "They love me there, so it was pretty easy." She nodded. 

      "Oh, well that's good." 

      "Yeah, but I have to go back right now at two. I couldn't get the day off." She says with a sigh. 

      "Well at least you came to get me, I don't know who else to call." I say. 

      I could've called the boys, but I didn't know if they were busy. I've tried keeping contact with them and it worked for a while. After a while, we didn't talk much for some reason. Occasionally we would talk, but not like how we used to. "Ya know, I think the boys are at the studio, want me to drop you off there?" I shake my head while putting my elbow on the window. 

      "Nah, just drop me off at my place." I say playing with my hair. Truth is, I was nervous to see him. Niall and I decided to call it quits after a while. It was way too hard to manage both of our schedules and each other at the same time and decided it would be better if we just broke up. 

      "You sure?" I nod and Yomara began to drive the way to my apartment complex. "So how are the Adventurous Adventures of Emily and Niall?" Yomara asks glancing at me before looking back at the road. I never told Yomara about us. I know, it's a dick move, but I know that she would only show pity. I might as well tell her. It's been the hardest months ever. 

      "We broke up." I simply say. Yomara stays quiet for a little trying to process what I said. 

      "Shit. Really?" 

      I nodded, "Yep." 

      "Why?" 

      I took a deep breath. "It wasn't working out as a long distance We just decided the best thing would be to break up." 

      When we arrive to the building, I began to get out. "I'll come by after work, okay?" I nod and get out of the car. Yomara opens the trunk where I get my luggage. I close the trunk and grab the handle of the luggage. I wave to Yomara before walking into the building. I walk to the elevator and press the button to my floor. I wait for the elevator to reach my floor and take out my phone. I changed my wallpaper to a sunflower background. The boys from the band always stole my phone and figured out my password and decided to go through my phone without my permission. They always claimed that the background I had before was photo shopped, so I just changed it and changed my password to the date that Niall and I began dating. 

      When the elevator dinged, I turned off my phone and waited for the doors to open. I walked down the hall until I arrived to my door. I unlocked it and walked inside. Yomara took care of my apartment while I was gone. I saw a pile of envelopes on the counter. I put my things down and walked over to them. Bills. Bills. More bills. 

------

[Sweet Creature - Harry Styles]

------

A/N:

It feels so good to be back!! 

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx