Chapter 78: Bad Kind Of Butterflies.

[After what I'm gonna say
I understand if you hate me]

      I finally began the much needed cleaning around the apartment while I waited for Ross. The music coming from my phone stopped and was interrupted by my ringtone. I grabbed it off the counter and pressed the green button, hearing Yomara begin to talk almost right away. "Yo, yo!" She greets happily. 

      "Uh oh. You're happy. Did you kill someone today?" 

      Yomara scoffs. "No!" I smile and place the phone between my shoulder and ear to begin sweeping. 

      "Then, what's got you in such a good mood?"

      "Oh... I don't know... Maybe that I FINALLY got Shawn Mendes tickets!" She squeals. 

      "Really? That's great." I reply. 

      "I know, right! Tom got them for us. So what are you doing today?" I sigh, just thinking about my plans that would come true in a couple hours. 

      "I'm breaking up with Ross." I could hear her excitement fall at my words. 

      "What? Why?" I wanted to tell Yomara the truth, but knowing her, she'd make a big deal and only scold me for it.

      "You know why. I just don't like that I'm with him when I still have these feelings for N-Niall." Just saying his name made my heart hurt. We haven't talked at all since that day and it's almost been a week! This distance is killing me and I just really need to get all this shit off my chest to Ross. He deserves to know that he has a shitty girlfriend and I deserve to be yelled at. 

      "Awe, shit. I thought that since the game, things would get better." 

      I shook my head, "If anything, things got worse." I sighed.

      "Alright, I'll leave you to it so you can mentally prepare for it. Good luck." 

      "Thanks." 

      "Tell me how it goes. If he screams at you, call me and I'll beat him to pieces." 

      I giggle, "Alright, bye." 

      "Bye."

      It had been about 30 minutes before I heard a knock on the door. I felt myself almost start to panic as I leaned the broom on the counter. I walked to the door, unlocking it, still feeling extremely anxious. It was feeling like I was a lamb being sent to the slaughter, which is why I prepared myself for the worse.

      I opened the door and saw Ross smile. "Hey, you feeling better?" He hugs me before coming inside. 

      I close the door and nod, "Yeah." 

      "So what is it you wanted to talk about?" We sit on the couch. I sigh and rub my clammy hands over my leggings. I was going to come clean to Ross about everything, even if it meant that he would break things off. 

      "Uh, right." You know when you get those terrible feelings in your stomach when you're about to admit to something? The bad butterflies? I'm getting those. I was feeling like I wanted to throw myself off a cliff. Not literally, but that kind of feeling. "I-um." I take a deep breath and turn on the couch to face Ross. "Okay, wait. After I say what I say, I completely understand if you hate me afterwards." 

      Ross furrows his eyebrows, "Why would I hate you?"

      The thoughts of him hating me were crossing my mind because, honestly, who wouldn't hate the person that cheated on you? I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "You know how I used to have a thing with Niall, right?" Ross nods slowly, probably thinking where this was going.

      "God, I hate myself for this." I groaned and stood up, beginning to pace. 

      "Emily." Ross turns me around and wipes away the tear that fell from the stress. Ross shook his head in an assuring matter. "Just tell me. It's okay." 

      I sighed, "I cheated on you with Niall." I sighed out, wiping away another tear. Ross drops his arms from me and sighs, looking down to process what I just said. "I'm so sorry, Ross." I cried. He looked back up at me and sighed. 

      "Wow." I looked down, ashamed. "Emily, don't worry." I looked up, confused.

      "What?" 

      "I guess now's a better time to tell you than anything." 

      "Tell me what?" 

      He shrugs, "I don't think that we belong as a couple." He admits. "I knew that you still had something going on with Niall, I just thought it'd be cool to fulfill my 5th grade fantasy." I smiled, 

      "Thank you for being such a good friend, Ross." 

      He waved his hand, "Aw, stop." He gushed. I laughed and sighed.

      He smiled and stuck out his pinky towards me. "Friends for life?" He brought back our handshake from when we were kids. I stuck out my own and locked with his. 

      "Best friends for life." We kissed our thumbs to seal our promise before separating. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist. 

      "I love you forever." He says, nuzzling his head in my neck. He always told me that when we were kids and I always responded, 

      "I love you for infinity and beyond."

------

[Bad Kind Of Butterflies - Camila Cabello]

------

A/N:

*sigh* dont we all need a ross in our lives. no. wait. i want an austin moon. okay, im done. bye :)

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx