Chapter 86: Him And I.

[We got that love, the crazy kind
I am his and he is mine
In the end, it's him and I]

      I had just gotten back home from work, getting a call from Niall. I answered and he began to talk before I even had the chance to greet him. "Emily! Emily! I got the greatest idea on the planet!" He spoke quickly and sounded extremely excited. 

      "Okay, Niall. Slow down." I chuckled, grabbing my keys from my bag. 

      "Sorry, sorry! But I just thought of a compromise and maybe you'll like it, maybe not, but I just thought of it and-" I chuckled again, walking into my apartment. 

      "Niall, just tell me." I laughed. I closed the door as he started to tell me his idea.

      "What if we went to Ireland for Christmas?" I stayed quiet, actually considering the idea. I walked further into the apartment, placing my bag on the island and keys. "Think about it," He says. "We or you could go to New Mexico for Thanksgiving since we don't celebrate and then go to Ireland for Christmas and then go back to New Mexico for New Years." I liked that he was taking me and my family into consideration. It made my heart happy. "So... ? What ya think?" I smiled, leaning back on the counter. 

      "I love the idea," I said. 

      "Do you really?" 

      "Yeah, of course! I'm on board with it. But we'd just have to talk with my family about it, okay? We take Christmas pretty seriously." I replied. 

      "Okay, then we'll switch. We'll go to New Mexico for Thanksgiving and Christmas and go to Ireland for New Years."

      I hated that Niall wanted to come with me for Christmas since he should be with his family then. "Niall, but your family." I said. 

      "What about my family?" 

      "It's Christmas, the time of being with your family, shouldn't you go with your family for Christmas?" 

      "Em, I've told my mum all about you and she was the one who gave me this idea, okay? I promise you, that everything will be fine." 

      "Yeah, she gave you the idea of switching, not coming with me for two holidays in a row, Ni." I couldn't help but feel guilty that because of me, Niall wouldn't go with his family during the holiday. If I were in his shoes, I wouldn't let my girlfriend come in between my family and I. 

      "Emily, it's our first Christmas as a couple, I want us to be together." I haven't even thought of that. I gave a small grin, hoping he couldn't hear it from the other side of the phone.

      "Okay, we could go to New Mexico and Ireland." I smiled. 

      "Really?! Okay! I'll talk to my family, I'm sure that they won't mind. I'll let them know why and stuff!" 

      I laughed, "Okay, Niall." 

      "I'll talk to you later, I love you." 

      "I love you. Bye." 

      "Bye."

---

      It had been a few days and after a long road trip of messing around, stopping at gas stations, getting through traffic, and carpool karaoke's, we got to Grampa's house. "Alright, we're here." Niall smiled. We had left extremely early in the morning so that we wouldn't get here so late, it was now 7 p.m in LA, which meant it was also 7 here because of the time change that happened at the beginning of the month. I excitedly hopped out of the car with Niall and we went to the trunk. "You sure you want to stay for a few days, Ni? You could always go home early and I can take a plane home." I reminded him. He shook his head with a smile.