Chapter 71: Home.

[So many nights I thought it over
Told myself I kind of liked her
But there was something missing in her eyes]

      After coming back with Yomara, I finished my food and stayed with Ross for a bit. We danced and had fun while drinking the wine and champagne they served. It was just a bunch of fun. Tom, already being drunk from all the wine he drank, started a dance circle and showed off his "dance" moves. Being the classic Hispanic family, we danced the Macarena, which the boys gladly joined in on.

      We taught the boys the cupid shuffle and we all had a great time. I finally went back to sit down after dancing for so long and drank some water, not really wanting to drink anymore. One by one, the boys came and sat back down with Heather and Niall coming back last. "Her family goes hard." Niall says, trying to catch his breath. 

      I smile and nod, "100%." Zayn agrees. 

      "You guys are tired already?! Come on, the night's still young!" Tom says to us. I giggle at his state and lean back in my chair.

      "Dunno if we told you this already, but you looked absolutely beautiful today." Louis says to me leaning onto the table. 

      I pout and put a hand on my heart, "Awe. I'm blushing." I reply, "Thank you, though. You guys looked surprisingly handsome." I tease. 

      "Surprisingly? We always look good!" Liam complains. 

      "I don't know, mate. You guys look pretty bad." I say, realizing my words afterwards. I roll my eyes, "Jesus, I hang out with you guys too much." I mutter pushing back a fallen strand of hair. I hear Harry laugh at my comment making me join in. I finish my cup of water and sigh. "Alright, I'll be back." I say to Louis beside me. He nods and I stand from my seat taking the empty cup with me. I toss the cup in the trash and start walking back to the building to use the bathroom.

Niall's Pov:

      Where was she going? I look over to Heather and see her in a conversation with Ross. Odd, but I didn't mind. I don't even like her, why would I care? I finish off the rest of my champagne and put the glass down. "I'll be back. I'm going to the toilet." I say to Liam, who nods and goes back to talking to Harry. I stood and began walking to the bathroom. I didn't need it, I just wanted to talk to her. I really want her to know what I've been feeling recently.

      Did she have her phone on her? I really hoped she did...

To Emily: Do you have a second? I really want to talk to you.

      I waited for a response while tapping my foot anxiously.

From Emily: Sure. We can talk in the bathroom since I'm already here.

To Emily: Okay, I'll be there.

      Here we go...

Emily's Pov:

      What did he want to talk about? I don't know, but maybe I should take Yomara's advice. Now would be the time to tell him and I need to get this off my chest. I put my phone down and washed my hands, quickly fixing the makeup. I sprayed a bit of breath freshener in my mouth. I don't know why I was trying so hard just to talk to Niall.

      Saying that I had butterflies was an understatement when this man made the entire damn zoo in my stomach stomp around. Why did he make me feel like this? Ross doesn't even make me feel like this. Yes, he gets me a little nervous, but not nervous enough that I start stuttering and feel like my knees are going to give out on me. I sigh when I've finished freshening up. It's just Niall. I shouldn't be this nervous.

      I felt like I might pass out when I saw Niall's text that he was outside the bathroom. Okay Emily. You can do this. I slightly opened the door and poked my head out. Niall stood in front of the bathroom looking at his phone until he heard me open the door. "You sure you wanna come in? I think the bathroom is a bit... Weird to have a conversation, don't you think?" I ask nervously as he began to come up to me. I swear, my heart is about to burst out of my chest if he doesn't stop doing that. 

      "No, it's fine. It's the most private way right now." He says quietly. I nod and open the door. He looks around before coming in and closing the door behind him.

      For a public restroom, it was quite big. Niall locks the door and leans back on it while I lean on the sink, crossing my arms. "What is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask, keeping my voice low in case someone was outside. 

      "Um..." He rubs the back of his neck, "I thought we could maybe talk about what happened." He says hesitantly. 

      "Niall, I'm not upset that you're with Heather, if that's what you're wondering." 

      He sighs, "It's just... I don't want to be with Heather." He admits. My, already fast, heart was going at 900 miles a minute if that was even possible. How could he say he doesn't want to be with her to me? 

      "Why are you telling me this, Niall?" I feel my breath become shaky. I want to admit that I didn't want to be with Ross anyway, but I have to know what he's going to say before I admit anything.

      "Because I want you to know that I don't like her." He says. "Do you like Ross?" Well, shit. He really just came out and said it. 

       "I, um." I couldn't even answer his question. He was intimidating me and I didn't like it. How can one person intimidate you so much that you can barely even think? 

      "Well, do you?" I only shrug and look down. I should say that I do and leave, but I can't get over Niall. It's clear that he can't get over me if he's here asking me if I actually like Ross. 

      "I don't know..." I admit. "I'm dating him, but I don't like him as anything more of a friend..." I sigh. 

      "Then why say yes?" He asks.

      "Because, Niall. How can I live knowing that it was my fault that our relationship ended? You moved on and I waited like a fucking idiot. I said yes because I thought that it would help me get over you." It felt like I had been carrying bricks on my shoulders. Now that I finally admitted it, it felt like they were lifted off. Niall came up to me and put his hands on my arms. The tingly feeling coming back from a year ago. 

      "It's not your fault. It's mine. I'm the one who chose to break up. Please don't blame yourself." He whispers. I kept my eyes set on my feet until his finger was under my chin. I look up and look into his beautiful ocean eyes. The ones I fell in love with. "I missed you so much when you were gone, Emily. When we broke up, I beat myself up everyday. Heather... She was just a distraction. I told myself that I liked her, but I couldn't stare into her eyes like I stared into yours." He whispers. I felt my knees go weak, and if I hadn't been leaning on the sink, I would've fallen. "When I look into yours, it feels like I'm home." He slowly leaned in until I felt his breath on my lips. He attached our lips together. I moved my arms and moved my hands up until they were holding his jaw. He hugged my waist close to his. It felt like I was finally home. I was back in Niall's arms, kissing him like my life depended on it.

      My stomach flipped and my heart fluttered. So many sparks were erupting everywhere. I was aware that I was currently cheating on Ross and he was cheating on Heather, but that didn't matter. Especially now when we were back in each other's arms and kissing again like before.

      I missed Niall so much this past year, being back in this state was overwhelming and exciting. I just wished that it would last forever.

------

[Home - One Direction]

------

A/N:

ka boom

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx