Chapter 70: One Thing.

[I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can't ever be brave
'Cause you make my heart race]

      "Is this on?" Matt questions tapping the microphone, getting everyone's attention. "Okay, great, it is." He smiles, "Hi, um. Those of you who don't know me, I'm Matt, Yomara's brother and Tom's best friend." He introduces. "I take full credit for introducing these two. It was a 'brother's best friend' kind of situation-" Matt kind of laughs and continues, "-Mom let me bring a friend over and, of course, I was going to invite Tom and that's when I introduced these two. Let me tell you, I was extremely strict about them dating, but as time went on, I just let them be because I'm a nice brother." Yomara laughs from next to me and rolls her eyes.

      "Now that they're married, that gives me an excuse to bug them even more than I already did, so thanks for that. Anyways, sis, I love you a lot. Even if I don't tell you often, I do. Tom, I trust that you'll take care of my baby sister. To the bride and groom." He raises his glass along with everyone else as we toast.

      "Hi, I'm Yomara's best friend, Emily." I say. I see the boy's eyes on me, I know for a fact that they're shocked that I actually came up here, but of course I was going to. "Yomara and I met last year when I moved here when I walked into the diner she worked at and she gave me a pina colada." I giggle, making some people chuckle. "If I hadn't met her, then I would've died in the first week of being in LA. I didn't know anybody and I didn't know my way around, so thanks to her, I'm still here and I'm succeeding better than ever." I smiled at her. She smiles back and I see her wipe away a small tear as I continue, "She was the only person I told about my past and she still accepted me.

      "She was there to wipe my tears and to hype me up when I needed it." I smile, "When I went away for my job, we kept in contact a lot. I told her about the Adventurous Adventures of Emily Marquez, as she likes to call it. And she was there for me when things started going downhill. I lost somebody very important to me and she was there to help and cheer me up. I'm forever going to be thankful for meeting such an amazing girl like Yomara. As for Tom, didn't know who he was until she told me, not gonna lie, but um-" Me and the guests laugh at my statement, "-But I trust him and I know that he's a good guy. But if you hurt my best friend, I'm going to hurt you. I'm just saying." They laugh as I finish up my speech. "I love you, Yomara, and I'm going to be there for you every step of the way. Tom, take care of her. To the bride and groom."

      As more speeches went on, there were lots of laughs and toasts. When we had the final toast, they brought out dinner. A simple Mexican dish, tacos, beans, and rice. "This is so good." Harry groans, only eating the beans and rice. 

      "Of course it is." Liam says, "Yomara picked it out." 

      "Try the tacos, H. Pretty sure you'll like those." Louis teases, taking a bite from his. Harry rolls his eyes making the rest of us laugh. 

      "Ha, ha. Very funny. I'll be sure to thank you when I save money from not having to buy you guys any vegan food." Harry threatens. 

      "You said it yourself that you have more than you know what to do with, I'm pretty sure we're doing you a favor by spending your money." I say to Harry who playfully glares at me. Louis laughs at my comment and I turn back at Yomara who crouches beside me.

      "Yes?" 

      "Can you come with me to the bathroom? I need help using the restroom." She whispers. I snort and she wacks my arm. 

      "Ow!" 

      "Come on!" I shake my head grabbing the napkin from my lap and putting it on the table. 

      "I'll be back." I say to the boys. They nod and I get up walking with Yomara. I find Ross laughing with Matt and Tom with a couple other boys that I didn't know. 

      "So... What were you guys talking about?" Yomara questions as we walk to the building. 

      "The food. We were teasing Harry that he couldn't eat the tacos." I say simply opening the door for us. Yomara raises an eyebrow. 

      "That's it?" 

      I nod, "Yeah pretty much." 

      "Wow." 

      "What?" I ask as we reach the single bathrooms. 

      "Just thought you were talking about something else." 

      "What makes you think that?" I ask as we enter the bathrooms. 

      "The way Niall was looking at you." My heart began to beat faster at the mention of him.

      "What? No he wasn't." I shook my head while denying her claim. 

      She nods, "Oh yes he was." She argues back. 

      "Niall couldn't have been looking at me, Yomara. Heather was literally next to him." 

      Yomara rolls her eyes, "Yeah, tapping her long ass acrylics on her phone." 

      I smile a little, "He wasn't looking at me, Yomara. We respect the fact that we both moved on." 

      "But admit it. You miss him and wish you were with him more than with Ross." 

      "I..." How did Yomara even figure that out? Am I that easy to read?

      "I'm right, aren't I?" She asks as she starts to wash her hands. I stood with my back against the counter and denied it immediately. 

      "Of course not!" I lied. "I really like Ross, that's why I said yes to date him. You said it yourself that I should move on from Niall. And that's what I'm doing." Yomara didn't look convinced as she dried her hands. 

      "Emily, it's okay to admit that you miss Niall. Especially when it comes to me." I sigh, "There's nothing wrong with missing your ex. It takes a while to." She assures putting her hand on my shoulder. When we walked out of the bathroom, I stayed quiet, rethinking everything that Yomara just told me. Of course Yomara was right. She always is. Especially coming to my relationship with Niall. It was like she was an expert at these kinds of things. "My advice, Emily, if you're not happy with Ross, just tell him and talk to Niall." She says quietly. I look over at her and sigh. 

      I hug her tightly, "You really are the best, Yomara." 

      "I know I am."

------

[One Thing - One Direction]

------

A/N:

Oh shiznits.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx