Chapter 95: Nervous.

[I get a little bit nervous around you
Get a little bit stressed out when I think about you]

      Saying that I was nervous was an understatement because in a few short hours, I'll be meeting the family of Niall and I was losing my shit. What if they were picturing someone else? I will disappoint them because I know for a fact that I'm no actress or model that he's dated in the past. In fact, I'm the complete opposite of that. Jesus, Emily. Why do you always have to put yourself down? I don't know, maybe because I'm dating an international famous guy from an international famous boy band.

      Maybe this wasn't a good idea. Is it too late to ask the pilot to turn around? URG! "You alright, pet?" I snapped my head to Niall, who was looking at me with concern in his eyes. 

      "Yeah! Why wouldn't I be?" I continued to play with the strand of my hair nervously, really hoping that he'd believe my lie. "I mean, I'm not nervous or anything. Just because I'm meeting your family and I'm already thinking that they probably aren't going to like me. Did you know that that's happened before? Jesus, they looked at me like they were the predator and I was the prey-"

      "Emily, you're rambling." Niall chuckled. I sighed, "I don't know why you're so nervous. It's just my mum, maybe my dad, my brother and his wife and Theo. There's nothing to worry about." He assured, grabbing my hand. 

      "That's exactly why I'm so nervous, Niall. This is the biggest milestone in our relationship and it's a big deal to me." 

      "It's a big deal to me too, pet. But I'm not worried about it because I've already told them loads about you. And guess what?" 

      "What?" I sounded so small and weak, I was afraid of what he'd say next. 

      "They love you." I looked at him with hopeful eyes. 

      "Really?" 

      He nodded, "Yes. They said that they couldn't wait to meet you and my mum said that she'd make you her famous pie. That's an honor." I chuckled lightly at the statement. "Point is, you have nothing to worry about. Just be yourself and everything will turn out well. I promise." He stuck out his pinky signaling that he really did mean what he said. 

      "Okay." I locked my pinky with his and sighed. Only time will tell to see if the universe really does like me or not.

---

      The next day, Niall were both jet lagged, but were still restless since we would be seeing his family that day. It was already New Year's Eve and that would mean that I would meet more of his family, but he promised that it would only be some cousins and aunts and uncles. I took his word for it and dressed into something nice but casual. I dressed into a simple pair of black jeans and a tan sweater. I put my hair into a fishtail braid, taking out a couple strands and letting them fall. I placed a black beanie on my head as a finishing touch and sighed, looking in the mirror, making sure that everything looked alright.

      I slipped on my Vans and Niall came out from the bathroom wearing simple pants and a button up shirt. His usual. He fixed his hair a little and put on his shoes. "See? You look great. Perfect for the weather." He said referring to the freezing temperatures in Ireland. I thought New Mexico was cold, but nothing compared to here. We walked out of his home after putting on another coat and walked to his car. 

      "I don't know, Niall. I'm still regretting this." I sighed, he shook his head. 

      "There is nothing to be regretting. I'm going to be with you the whole time and I promise, everything will be amazing." I sighed and nodded. He gave a quick kiss and smiled. "I love you." I smiled and responded. 

      "I love you."

      We got into his car and he played the radio on a low volume while holding my hand. I looked out the window and stared at the passing bushes and empty trees. It had taken a while of driving to his childhood home. My heart kept beating against my chest so loud that I was worried that maybe Niall was hearing it. I've never reacted this way to meeting new people. What made now different is that I'm meeting the family of the guy I love a lot. And I cared about first impressions, I just didn't want to mess up.

      Niall pulled up to the curb in front of the house and I let out a breath and a small pep talk to myself before opening the car door. Niall came in front of me. "Are you ready?" 

      I shook my head with a shrug, "I don't know. Jesus, I'm making such a big deal out of this." I groaned slightly, running my hands over my face. Niall grabbed my hands and put them at my sides. 

      "No you're not. I remember I was this nervous meeting your family too. And I still am, even though I already know them." He says in an attempt to boost my confidence. "Promise me that you'll be yourself and have fun because my family is pretty damn fun too." I giggle and nod, 

      "Okay." 

      "You ready now?" I looked to the house and let out another breath. I looked back to Niall and nodded while biting my bottom lip. 

      "Yeah."

      Niall smiled and kept a hold on one of my hands. "Okay then, let's go." I held his hand and followed him to the door. He twisted the knob and opened the door, walking in with me following. Too late to turn back now.

------

[Nervous - Shawn Mendes]

------

A/N:

we need a little shawn once in a while. 

k bye

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx