Chapter 75: Fireproof.

['Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do
And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do]

      "Emily, wake up!" I opened my eyes and rolled over. Niall smiled without removing his hand from my arm. 

      "What?" I groaned. 

      "Come on, we have a drive ahead of us!" He says excitedly. He really loved road trips... He throws the blanket off him revealing the sweatpants he wore to bed. 

      "You said we weren't doing anything public." I said with a yawn while sitting up, stretching my arms.

      "We'll be fine." He assures. I sigh, since last night, we haven't done anything other than mess around and cuddle. As much as I loved it, I felt extremely guilty that I had lied to Ross saying that I was home. I didn't know how to end things with Ross and Niall still being with Heather proved that he hadn't broken things off with her either. I wanted to be with Niall, I really did, but I have to think about Ross in this too. He's been my best friend since we were kids, for crying out loud. It would hurt me and him knowing that I was the one to ruin our friendship.

      "Niall..." I groaned as he pulled me up and out of bed. 

      "Come on, get ready. I promise, I picked out good outfits for you." He says pushing me into the bathroom where my duffle bag and bag of toiletries sat. "While you get ready, I will order some breakfast." He says closing the door to the bathroom. I sighed, knowing that I couldn't get out of this, so I just went along with it and turned on the water.

      While I waited for the water to warm up, I brushed my teeth and picked up the outfit that Niall had chosen. Knowing Niall, I knew he had good fashion sense, but I didn't know that he actually paid attention to what I liked to wear on a daily basis. It made my heart warm that he knew what I liked to wear and didn't mind.

      I picked up my light grey t-shirt with a pair of light blue pants and to wear the white cap I packed with it. I grabbed my shower things from my bag of toiletries and got into the shower. I shaved over every part of my body and washed my hair with my usual strawberry scented shampoo. I washed over my body with the vanilla scented body wash and turned off the water. I never had a fancy routine for my showers since I had a prescription cream for my acne that really only appeared when I was close to my period.

      After getting dressed and blow drying my hair, I stepped out of the bathroom. Niall looked over at me from his phone, "Breakfast should almost be here. I ordered you those tamalees that you like." He said. I rolled my eyes at his wrong pronunciation of tamales. 

      "Thanks." I smiled, placing my bag on the chair in the corner of the room. He put his phone down and opened his arms from the opposite chair. I let out a light chuckle before sitting on his lap. He hugged my body while I hugged his shoulders. 

      "You smell good." He says nuzzling into my shirt. 

      "I can't say the same," I joked.

      He laughed, not removing himself from my embrace. I let my head fall and rest on top of his. "I missed hugging you like this." He mumbles quietly while I play with his brunette hair. 

      I nodded, "Mmhmm." I hummed.

      It felt like an eternity before a knock on the door made us both jump.

---

      "Ooh. Look at that!" I pointed to the famous San Francisco bridge from the window of Niall's car. He only shook his head and laughed. 

      "Have you never been here before?" I shook my head, sitting back in the seat. 

      "No, the only places in California that I've been to were San Diego, Santa Monica and LA." I said.

      He nods, "Oh." 

      "Yeah. So this is so cool!" I said admiring the water underneath the bridge. He laughed at my reactions as we passed multiple sights.

      Soon, we were out of the city, driving along a road leading to the middle of nowhere. "So, what do you have planned, Mr. Horan?" I asked, removing my cap. He shrugs, removing his own. 

      "You'll just have to wait and find out." I rolled my eyes. 

      "Niall, I don't like surprises." I groaned. 

      "You loved the ones that I gave you." He defends. I roll my eyes once again and nod. "This is no different." I sighed and leaned my head back on the seat. His hand found mine and brought it up to his lips. He placed a quick kiss, "It won't be in public, I promise. If you really wanna know, I rented a cabin in the woods." He admits. I can feel my eyes brightening. "I knew you'd love it!" He says, successfully.

      We had been on the road for the majority of the day and had finally arrived at the cabin. It looked like the cabin in Stranger Things that Hopper and Eleven lived in. "Ooh." I said getting out of the car. 

      "I know, right? I saw it and I thought you'd like it." I looked over at Niall and giggled. 

      "Let's go check it out!" I said excitedly. We jogged to the entry and Niall unlocked it. We both stood in the doorway looking at the sight in front of us.

      "Whoa

      "Whoa." 

      "Whoa is right." We both went around looking around the cabin until I found the bedroom.

" We both went around looking around the cabin until I found the bedroom

      "Big bed." I commented as Niall found where I stood. 

      "And it's all to ourselves." He picked me up from behind and jumped onto the bed. I squealed as he did.

      Niall and I being here together is what I've been dreaming about since I came back from the tour with PRETTYMUCH. And it's finally happening, and I'm happy.

------

[Fireproof - One Direction]

------

A/N:

they're so adorableeeee

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx