Chapter 83: Love Story.

[You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say, "Yes"]

      "It's about freaking time!" I exclaim to Louis on the other side of the phone. I was washing the dishes Niall and I had used for dinner the next night. I sniffled from the stuffy nose that I had gotten this morning while dumping the water from the, now clean, glass. 

      "Yes, I know." Louis replies. "Anyway, are you okay? You sound sick." 

      I shook my head, "I'm fine. My allergies are just kicking in again. Back to the topic. Now that I'm witnessing you guys making an album, can you guys take me to recording sessions and stuff? OOH! Or give me merch before it comes out and-" 

      "Alright, let's not get too ahead of ourselves." I rolled my eyes, wiping my nose with my wrist since my hands were wet and covered in soap.

      "Oh, come on! I'm your best friend!" I defend. "I deserve a reward for it!" I put a dish to the side while I continued my rant. "It's not easy being your best friend and dating Niall. Jesus, sometimes it's like I'm either babysitting all of you or you're babysitting me-" 

      "Okay, okay, I get it." Louis laughs.

      "Pet, you almost done? I'm about to start Beetlejuice!" I hear Niall call. 

      "Yeah, be there in a sec!" I call back, shutting off the water after putting aside the last dish. I shake my hands to get off any excess water and hear Louis scoff. 

      "Is Niall with you right now?" 

      I grab the towel and dry my hands, "Yeah, why?" 

      "That fucker told me he was at the gym!" I laughed, leaning back against the counter and seeing Niall put in the movie.

      "Oh no, we're far from going to the gym. Were you guys planning on doing something?" I ask, grabbing my phone and holding it against my ear. 

      "We were just gonna go chill at Harry's." He says, scoffing again. "Now he's ditching us for you, thanks mate." He says in a joking manner. 

      "Hey, fuck off, would ya? He never told me that he's been ditching you guys for me. If you really want me to, I'll kick him out." I say with a smile. I chuckle lightly with Louis. 

      "Nah, no need. It's you, so I'll let it slide." 

      I chuckle, "See you guys later." He says.

      "Bye, Louis. Tell the boys I said sorry, that I tried kicking him out." 

      Louis laughs, "Will do. Bye Em." I hang up the phone with Louis and plug it in on the counter.

      I coughed when I felt my throat get itchy and sighed. I wasn't getting sick, it was just my allergies again. I rarely ever get sick and when I did, it took forever to recover. I turned around and saw the movie paused on the beginning credits and Niall scrolling on his phone. I tiptoed to Niall, seeing that he was scrolling through Twitter. I don't know why, but it put me a bit at ease. I wrapped my arms around his neck from behind, making him slightly jump. I giggled lightly, kissing his stubbled cheek. "Jeez, you scared me." He chuckled. 

      I shrug, "Not on purpose, I swear." I lied. He looked over at me as I pursed my lips. 

      "Totally not." He said, going back to his phone.

      "Whatcha lookin' at?" I asked. He easily showed me his phone screen. 

      "Paparazzi saw us yesterday, the fans are freaking out." He chuckled, scrolling through the many mentions and photos of us from yesterday at Target. 

      "Positive, I hope?" 

      He shrugs, "For the most part. About a handful of fans are still upset about Heather, but everyone else is excited that we're back together from that picture Harry took from a while back." I reached over and scrolled back up to a Tweet.

      "Awe, I like that picture." I smile. I see him smile at the picture before screenshotting it. 

      "I do too." I chuckle and feel myself almost sneeze. I move back from Niall and turn my head the opposite way and sneeze. 

      "Bless you." Niall says. I sneeze again and cough at how much that last sneeze hurt. "You okay, pet?" He asks. 

      I nod, "Yes, yeah. I'm fine." I sighed, reaching over to the small table beside the couch and grabbing a tissue. I blow my nose and toss it into the bin. 

      "You sure?" 

      I nod, "Yes, yes. I'm fine." I sniffle and sit next to him on the couch.

      He puts his arm on the back of the couch. I cuddle into him and sigh in comfort. "Babe, I think you might be getting sick." He says, placing the back of his hand on my forehead. I shake my head and press play on the remote on Niall's lap. 

      "I don't get sick. I'm fine." We watched the movie in silence while I silently recited almost every line. I had probably fallen asleep about halfway through, feeling worse and worse as time went on. Niall had taken notice and stood up. He reached his arms out, me taking the hint to let him pick me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist like a koala and kept my arms close to me. He turned off the TV without dropping me and walked around the apartment, making sure the lights were off and the door was locked.

      My head laid on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat as he walked us to my bedroom. He rested his head against mine while I yawned, only to cough afterwards. He rubbed my back soothingly and walked us to my room. He pushed back the comforter and laid me down. He covered my body with the blanket and left the room. I heard the cabinet in the bathroom open and close before he came back with some medicine. "I'm not sick, Niall. I just have-" 

      "You're sick, princess." He said quietly, taking the thermometer and motioning to open up. The new pet name, making my heart flutter. I open my mouth and he places the thermometer under my tongue. We waited a little before it beeped. He took it out, "You're fine, right now. But it'll probably get worse." He commented, putting the item down onto the bedside table.

      "Ohh. Since when do you know these things, Dr. Horan?" I asked, playfully as he poured some cough medicine into the little cup. He laughed lightly and handed me the cup. 

      "Since I studied everything you did when I was sick." I laughed and sat up, enough to drink the disgusting drug. I scrunched up my nose as Niall took the cup back. I refused to swallow it and Niall took notice. He sighed, "Swallow it, Em." I shook my head, ready to spit it out. He sighs again and gets on the bed. He gets behind me and pulls me back against his chest. "Swallow it, please." I shook my head. When he realized that I wouldn't, he covered my mouth, "Swallow. I'll get you some water." He says. He understood that it was way too disgusting to swallow. He rubbed my sides softly until I sighed and gave in and swallowed the medicine, little by little.

      When I had finished, I sighed and laid my head back on Niall's shoulder. "I love you, Emily. I really do, and all I want is for you to be healthy and happy. You know that, don't you?" I nodded, and cuddled into Niall's chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and cradled me, rocking me while humming a tune. 

      He pressed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "I love you." I say, sleepily. 

      He smiles against my hair, "I love you more." 

      I shook my head, "Not possible."

------

[Love Story - Taylor Swift]

------

A/N:

if you remember those photos of niall and hailee at target, imagine one of those photos for that tweet. yeah? great.

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx