Chapter 55: Old Friends.

[You can grow up, make new ones, but truth is, 
there's nothing like old friends]

      After dropping off Harry and Louis back at Liam's house, I drove home. I played the radio and, coincidentally, only sad songs played about heartbreak. I parked my car and shut off the engine. I opened the door, grabbing my bag as I do. I walked to the entry of the building and went up to my apartment. 

      I tossed the keys and bag on the island and grabbed my phone. I grabbed a tub of ice cream from the freezer and a spoon. I opened my phone and began to eat the vanilla treat while scrolling through my Instagram. My phone began to ring the annoying iPhone ringtone making me groan. I hated the ringtone, but the band hated the other one, so I changed it. I answered the call while shoving a spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. "Hello?" My voice sounded muffled from the ice cream. 

      "Heyyy Emilayyy." 

      "Hi, Dee." I giggle. 

      "You sound like you're happy." 

      "Well, I am! I have great news!" 

      "What is it, this time?" I question getting another spoonful. 

      "So, remember the boy you were best friends with for years?" 

      "Mmm..." I swallow the ice cream and squint my eyes from the brain freeze. "Yeah, Ross?" 

      "Yes, yes! Well, guess who I saw at Saucedo's today?" I can practically hear the excitement in her voice. I finally realized what she meant making me sit up and my jaw drop. 

      "You saw Ross?!" 

      "Yes! And he asked for you!" I squeal slightly. 

      "Oh my God, really?!" 

      "Yes! I told him that you were in LA and I gave him your Instagram." I remove the phone from my ear and put her on speaker. 

      I went to my Instagram notifications and scrolled until I found his username saying that he followed me. "Oh my God!" I squeal. I haven't seen Ross since after 8th grade when he moved away. He moved to New York because of his parent's job when they started working for some company there. I scrolled through his recent photos and my eyes almost popped out of my head. "Oh my God, he got hot!" 

      "That's what I said!" I laugh and accept his follow. 

---

      The next day, I woke up still feeling extremely tired. I reached for my phone on my bedside table and felt my heart drop at the sight. A message from Ross? Oh my Lord. What do I do? Okay, okay. I take a deep breath and sit up. I open my phone and open his message. 

rosslynch Hey Emily. Long time, no see. How have you been ?

      What should I respond? I began typing and felt proud of the message I was able to come up with. 

emilyymarquezz Hey Ross ! It's been way too long ! I've been great, what about you ?

      Was the exclamation marks too much? Crap, what if it was? I get up from bed and start getting dressed. Today, Yomara and I were going to start wedding planning. She was able to get Tom to stay to help do the general planning. I brushed my hair and changed out of my pajamas into a pair of skinny jeans and threw on a white camisole. I put a pink cardigan over it and slipped on simple white Vans to finish.

      When I got to Yomara and Tom's shared house, I applied a bit of lip balm and got out of the car. I walked up the driveway to the house and walked in. This wasn't the first time I've been here and Yomara and Tom both said to just walk in. "Honey, where's my supersuit?" I called out. The brown Terrier runs up to me making me crouch down. "Hey, Tess! How you doin'?" I ask her and scratch behind her ears. She hops onto my lap and pants as I continued to pet her.