Chapter 66: Someday.

['Til then I won't give my love away
Darling, I'm forever only yours]

      I was hanging out with the boys when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. They kept their conversation going as I read over the text from Yomara.

From Yomara: Emily, can you please come over?

To Yomara: Why? Is everything okay?

From Yomara: Not really. Can you please just come?

      I jumped up from the couch, surprising the boys. "Emily? Where are you going?" Liam questions. I jog to the doorway, pulling on my shoes, but of course they had to be difficult. 

      "I-I have to go." I said quickly, pulling on the other shoe. 

      "Why? Is everything okay?" Zayn asks. I shrugged, pulling on my sweater. 

      "I don't know. Yomara needs me. I'll talk to you guys later." I grabbed my bag. 

      "Let us know if she's okay!" Niall says. 

      "Okay, bye!" I close the door and rush to my car.

      I got in and tossed my bag to the passenger seat. I drove to Yomara's house quickly, wishing that there weren't so much traffic jams. It felt like an eternity before I finally turned onto Yomara and Tom's street. I pulled up to the driveway and turned off the car. I walked up to the door, letting myself in and only saying 'hey' to Tessa before looking for Yomara. "Yomara? Where are you?" I called out. I turned to the hallway and found the master bedroom light on. I walked towards it and walked it.

      Yomara was sitting on the bed with her head in her hands. "Yomara, what's wrong?" I asked her. 

      "I think I'm pregnant." She muttered. She looked up, scared to admit it to herself. 

      "Why? Have you been showing symptoms?" She nodded, looking back down. I sat next to her on the bed. "Did you take a test?" She shook her head. 

      "I bought one, but I can't bring myself to take it." She breathes out. I nodded, thinking of what else to say. "I can't be pregnant, Emily. Not yet. Tom has his career and I don't know how to take care of a kid. What am I gonna do?" I sighed, I wished that I could say what she is.

      "How about, you take the test. Okay? It'll calm your nerves and plus, it's probably just a bug or something." I assured. 

      She nodded, "And if it's positive?" 

      "I'm going to be here and I know that Tom is going to support you." I replied. She let out a deep breath and nodded. 

      "Okay." She stood up and walked to the ensuite, closing the door behind her. I waited on the bed, feeling my phone vibrate again. I pulled it from my pocket, seeing Tom's name across the screen. I answered the phone, bringing it up to my ear while Yomara was in the bathroom. 

      "Hey, how is she?" Tom asks immediately. I sighed, looking back at the restroom door. 

      "I don't know. She's shaken up." I replied. 

      "Thank you for going, Emily." 

      "It's no problem. Why couldn't you come?" 

      "They're keeping me back at the studio. Who knew that filming a show would take so much time?" 

      "Everyone." I retorted. Tom scoffed, "Wanna talk to her?" I asked, he sighed and I could tell he's nodding. 

      "Please. She doesn't answer my calls." 

      "Alright, give me a sec." I put the phone on mute from my end and walked to the door. I knocked lightly. "Yomara. Tom wants to talk to you." I said. She unlocked the door, signaling that she wanted to talk to him too. I only stuck my arm in, handing her my phone. "I put it on mute." I inform, shutting the door. I give her privacy by walking back to the bed. After a while, Yomara came back out with my phone in her hand. "So?" 

      She shrugs, "It's still loading." She says, handing my phone back. I take it, putting it beside me. She sits beside me. "Em," I look over at her. She licks her lips and sighs, "If I am... You're not going to stop being my friend, right?" 

      I shook my head, "Of course not, Yomara. Why would you think that?" 

      "It's just, I know you can't have kids and I don't want it to seem like I'm rubbing it in or anything-" 

      "Yomara, chill. It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not, I would never let go of my best friend for my mistakes. Okay?" She nodded as her phone beeped. 

      "That's the timer." She states. We both stand up and make our way to the bathroom. Her hand began to shake as she reached to get the towel off the test. At the last minute, she shook her head. "I can't do it." She looked at me, "You do it." 

      I nodded, "Okay." I reached down. Grabbing the towel and removing it from the loaded test.

      I picked up the clean part and looked over the ClearBlue test results. "Yomara." I said, holding back my smile. 

      "What? I'm not pregnant? Dammit, I was so worked up for noth-" 

      "You're pregnant, Yomara!" 

      "I- What?!" I nodded, showing her the test. "Oh my God!" She had a panicked expression, "What if I hurt it? I was extremely drunk last night!" 

      "I'm sure the baby is fine, Yomara." She smiled and hugged me tightly. Maybe one day I can have kids, even if they might not be biological, but someday.

------

[Someday - Michael Bublé, Meghan Trainor]

------

A/N:

:,) it was a random chapter, but we need best friend times like these, 'cause ya know. we gotta

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx