Chapter 61: New Man.

[But I heard he makes you happy, so that's fine by me
But still, I'm just keepin' it real]

      I finally went back to work after a small break from after the tour. Which meant that I would have more things on my plate now more than ever. "Emily! It's so great to have you back!" Kelly smiles as I walk into the building. I wasn't thrilled to be coming back to work due to not wanting to see Mr. King. Yes, it's been a year, but I was still ticked off at him for making me leave the boys. But I'm not as angry as I was before. 

      "I'm happy to be back." I smile. 

      "Your first appointment is in 30 minutes." Kelly informs. 

      I nod, "Thanks." I walk to my studio and open the door and walk in. I set my things at my desk and look at the sticky notes on my desk. A few notes from last year, which I didn't need anymore. I toss them all into the bin and get the setting ready for the appointment.

---

      When lunch rolled around, my phone began to ring. I walked into the small office and grabbed it and smiled at the name. "Hello?" 

      "Hey, how's the first day back?" Ross asks. I put the phone between my shoulder and ear and went back out with a broom. 

      "Eh, so far so good. How about your day?" I ask beginning to sweep away the rocks that the last family brought in. 

      "It's fine." I can just hear the smile in his voice. 

      "Ross... What are you planning?" 

      "Oh, nothing. Maybe stopping by to get some food." 

      "Ross..." 

      "And bring it to you." I giggle and can't help blushing the creeps up. "Anything specific?" 

      "Can you bring some Jack In The Box? I've been craving that all week." 

      Ross laughs from the other end, "Alright. Be there soon." 

      I bite my bottom lip in an attempt to contain the smile that I have, "Okay. See you later." 

      "Bye."

Niall's Pov:

      I know that she's somehow with him already. I just know it. I laid on my bed with my arm behind my head scrolling through Instagram when I saw her recent post. About him. But how could they be together already? He's only been here for like two weeks! Well, she did say that they knew each other since they were kids. But I still just don't think that they could get together that fast. It might just be jealousy talking, but you can't get with someone after two weeks. How long did it take for her and Jessie to get together? I couldn't tell you, but still! The way she posted about him, it makes it seem like they're together already.

-

@emilyymarquezz

5,000,021 Likes | 3,000 Comments

emilyymarquezz he makes me go soft😫💕 @rosslynch p.s can i steal your hoodie?

-

      There is no chance that they aren't together yet. Did she move on so quick, too? Well, it is my fault. I never told her about Heather. I tried. But I couldn't. It was so hard to tell her. "What are you doing, babe?" Heather's voice scares me making me quickly exit out of Instagram. 

      "Nothing much." I reply simply. 

      "Well, I'm going out with a few friends tonight. Wanna join?" She walks over to the closet and began looking through the wardrobe that took over almost all of the entire damn closet. 

      "Uh, no. I can't. The boys and I are gonna go to rehearsals." I respond. 

      "Rehearsals? For what?" Clearly she wasn't listening when I told her that I was going to preform at Yomara's wedding. 

      "Emily's friend's wedding." 

      "Oh. If I'm gonna be honest, I never really liked Emily. She always seemed to be making googly eyes at you. Did you two have a thing?"

      Okay, so maybe I didn't tell her about Emily. But it's none of her business anyway. "No, we didn't. She wasn't making googly eyes at me, Heather. You have no reason to dislike her." 

      "I'm sorry, Niall. It's just my opinion." 

      "You really don't have to worry about her. She's a respectful girl. She knows wrong from right." It hurt that I didn't tell Heather the truth. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs that I loved Emily. 

      "Okay, Niall. No need to get defensive." She quickly assures grabbing a short dress.

      "Have fun at rehearsals. Tell the boys I said 'hi'." I nod and get up from the bed and leave. The rehearsals didn't start until a bit later, but I just wanted to get out of there.

------

[New Man - Ed Sheeran]

------

A/N:

I have like 6 Heather's in my life kasbgjsfhag

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx