Chapter 56: That Should Be Me.

[Did you forget all the plans that you made with me?  
'Cause baby I didn't]

      "You look terrible." Yomara comments as I let her in. 

      I roll my eyes, "Thanks." I say and plop back onto the couch with my tub of ice cream. It's been a week since I was helping Tom and Yomara and I haven't really been feeling the best. After I came home that day, the boys came over like they said they were going to. Niall ended up coming a while after they got here and brought none other than Heather. They would not quit kissing and hugging. After a while, it just got disturbing and gross. 

      Since then, it's just been an emotional roller coaster of "You're way better than her" and "She's so much prettier than me". Because of her, I've been doubting myself and regretting breaking things off with Niall. Saying that I was jealous was an understatement. I wanted to expose her for something, anything. But obviously, she has to be a literal angel to ever try to expose her. 

      "I feel terrible." I say as Yomara sits down next to me. 

      "Don't tell me that you're still upset about Heather." 

      "Of course I am, Yomara!" I sigh sadly. 

      "I'm supposed to be the one that held Niall like that. I'm supposed to be the one to hold his hand. He told me that he loved me. That he thought my hand was made to fit in his." I felt tears beginning to build as I ranted about Heather and Niall. It hurt that I wasn't the one with him anymore. But I guess it was my fault anyway, I was the one who took the job. I was the one who left. 

      "Emily." Yomara stops my ranting and makes me looks at her. "I've said this before, I'll say it again. Niall is an idiot. He doesn't know the difference between fake and real because I've seen the pictures that paparazzi has taken. That doll doesn't look bothered by the cameras, but he does. He doesn't look at her the way that he looked at you." She assures. 

      I look down at my lap feeling a tear slip from my eye. Even if those things are true, he's with her. Now, I understood how he felt when I was with Jessie. I hated the fact that he moved on, so quickly for that matter. We were supposed to get married. Have a future. But because of me, we can't. It kills me that all of this happened because of me. 

      "That's it, we're putting you back in the ring." Yomara grabs my phone from the coffee table. 

      "Yomara, what are you doing?" I ask her. She types away while ignoring me and my requests. She does one last tap and smiles, satisfied with her work. "Yomara what did you do?" I ask her taking my phone back. Messages between me and Ross are open and I began to read over the last message "I" sent. 

emilyymarquezz Hey, I was wondering if you're going to be coming to LA any time soon ? I'd love to meet up and catch up !

      I look at Yomara and groaned. "Yomara, what the hell did you do?" 

      "I just saved your life." Yomara says. I sigh, even if Ross did come, it's not like I can just forget Niall. I'll admit it, I did have a crush on Ross when we were in school. He was my first real crush and I know for a fact, there's a chance that those feelings might come back. But Niall... I can't just move on like he did. I was never good at letting things like that go. "Em. Niall moved on. You should too, because are you really going to wait for him to finish things with her?" I sighed in defeat and shook my head while playing with the string from my sweatpants. "Exactly. Plus, you already have a guy!"

      "Yomara, I haven't talked to Ross in years. I don't even know what he looks like anymore." 

      "Have you really not been scrolling through his Instagram?" 

      I roll my eyes, "Okay, maybe I saw a couple photos-" 

      "And?" 

      I groaned, "He is kinda hot." 

      "See, you're winning already!" Yomara's right. I had to move on. Maybe not with Ross, if he isn't up for it, but just in general. Niall was obviously happy and it was killing me that I wasn't the one person he was with. This won't be another Jessie. But better.

------

[That Should Be Me - Justin Bieber, Rascal Flatts]

------

A/N:

I'm telling you that he's gonna be an important part in this book!!!!!!!

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx