Chapter 91: Heaven.

[You and me in this moment
Feels like magic, don't it?
I'm right where I wanna be]

A COUPLE DAYS LATER

      "Niall, you do not need to wear that!" I said to him, he looked down at the way too fancy choice of clothes. 

      "But it's Christmas Eve! I want to make a good impression!" He complained. 

      "To who? You know everybody already." I argued, stirring the eggnog. 

      "But didn't you say that some people were coming? People who I haven't met?" 

      I rolled my eyes, "Niall, they aren't going to care how you dress." 

      He pouted, "What are you wearing then?" 

      "Not what you're wearing, that's for sure." I smirked, grabbing the pot off the stove.

      "Just tell me so that I have an idea on what to wear." He begs. 

      "If you really wanna know, I'm wearing a shirt and jeans." I replied, carefully pouring the beverage into the drink holder that we used every year for the eggnog. His expression was a complete stress. I sighed, putting down the scooper and walking over to him. "I don't know why you're stressing so much, bubs." I said quietly, using the pet name that I never really used, but on occasions I did. I wrapped my arms around his waist, his doing the same. 

      He shrugged, "I don't know... This is our first Christmas together and I just want it to be perfect." He replies in the same tone and looks down to our feet. I smiled at his concern.

      I cupped his face and made him look back into my eyes. "And it will be perfect. My family already loves you. You have nothing to worry about." I pressed my forehead against his. 

      He smiled, "Okay." I removed myself from him and put my hands at his shoulders. 

      "Now go change, you don't want to get this dirty." I smiled. 

      He nodded, "I love you, Emily. You know that, don't you?" I chuckled and nodded. 

      "I do. You know that I love you, right?" He laughed lightly with a nod, he pressed a light kiss and went to get changed to more casual clothes.

      By the time dinner came around, Niall was ecstatic to try the New Mexico famous menudo. Tia helped me serve the soup into bowls while I handed them to everyone. "What time was the fire truck coming around?" I asked Tia, referring to the fire truck that goes around the town with a man dressed up in a Santa costume and hands bags of "candy" that really only had peanuts and fruit with a candy cane and a couple pieces of chocolate. 

      I hold out the bowl as she pours the soup, "Same time as always, around 8." 

      I nodded, "There's a fire truck?" Niall asked as I passed him the bowl to take. 

      I nodded, "It's not very cool though." I said. Tia nodded in agreement. 

      "But it's a fire truck!" Niall argued. 

      "Yeah, one that hands out peanuts and fruit." Tia responded. I laughed at the pout that grew on Niall's face.

      Niall, Allie, Dee, Tia, and I walked outside. Niall had Liam on FaceTime, telling him about the fire truck and bragging that he was here to see it in person. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior as we walked out onto the sidewalk. "Have you guys said anything to Louis yet?" Liam questioned as we waited in the cold. I shivered as Niall hugged me tightly to warm me up while nodding.