Chapter 52: SUBURBIA.

[There's so much history in my head, 
the people I've left, the ones that I've kept]

      The next day, Liam texted me. 

From Liam: Are you home yet?

      I smiled when I typed in the reply.

To Liam: Maybe.

      Almost immediately, the three dots appeared.

From Liam: WAIT REALLY?! UM, OH MY GOD. I'LL GET THE BOYS AT MY PLACE, COME OVER I WON'T TELL THEM!

      I giggled as I started to type in the reply. 

To Liam: Okay, I'll be there like at 3. Is that okay?

From Liam: YES YES OKAY I'LL GET THE BOYS THEN

      I got up from the couch and walked to my room and began to get ready. I went to my closet and took out a plain white t-shirt and jean shorts. I changed out of my pajamas and went to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and threw it up into a ponytail, not really caring to do much with it. 

      Out of all the boys, I stayed closest with Liam. He always sent me messages of how they were doing and asked about me and my family. He sent me videos and pictures of Bear and always sent me snippets of new songs. He sent me photos of all of the boys and even got them to record me a happy birthday from my recently passed birthday. I was now 22 and I made sure he told Niall that I told him happy birthday just like the rest of the boys.

      When I finished, I put a little mascara and lip balm. I went back to my room and slipped on my white, high top Converse. I walked out of my room and checked the time. It was barely two, so I decided to go to the diner for a good luck smoothie. I grabbed my phone and keys along with my bag and walked out of the apartment. I locked it behind me and walked down the hall and into the elevator. 

      When I got to the diner, I parked the car and got out. I walked inside and saw Yomara at a table with two kids and a tired looking father. I sat at the bar and placed my bag on the counter beside me. "Emily! You're back!" Oli says walking out from the kitchen. 

      I smiled, "Yep, and for good. I'm done with traveling for a while." I joke putting my arms on the table. Oli brings a smoothie with a cherry on top. "Thank you." I thank him and he walks away. 

      Yomara comes up to me, "What was the big news you wanted to tell me? I forgot to ask you the other day." I say sipping on my smoothie. Yomara gives me a confused look. 

      "You really didn't see it?" She questions. 

      I slowly shake my head putting my glass down. I lick my lips and swallow the remaining drink. My eyes almost fall out of my head when Yomara shows me her left hand. I began coughing a little but relaxed and grabbed her hand. I examined the ring on her engagement finger. "Oh my god!" I squeal. 

      Yomara beams, "I know!" 

      "How did that happen?" I question letting go of her hand. "It was so romantic, Em. We went to the beach and he just popped the question." She gushes. 

      "What else did I miss? You're not pregnant yet, are you?" 

      Yomara shakes her head. "No, I'm not. But, I really wanted to ask you something." 

      "Yes, I will be your maid of honor." Yomara looks taken aback as she giggles. 

      "I didn't even ask yet!" I shrug taking another sip of my drink. 

      "You don't have to." I wink. 

      "Well, yes, I was gonna ask that." 

      "Well, yes, I will be your maid of honor." We giggle and I check my phone. I had about 20 minutes until 3, so I finished my drink. 

      "You going somewhere?" She asks grabbing a rag and cleaning a spot beside me. I nod and grab the cherry. 

      "Yeah, I'm gonna go see the boys." I smile popping the cherry into my mouth. 

      "Ooh. Make sure to tell Niall to wear protection!" I roll my eyes and grab my bag and take some money out. 

      I hand it to Yomara, "Yeah, yeah. Make sure you're on birth control." I retort. Yomara smacks my arm with the rag. I laugh, "I'll see you later." I call out before exiting the diner. 

      I get into my car and turned on my GPS, typing in Liam's address and began to pull out of the parking lot. I don't know why I was so nervous. I hadn't seen the boys in a year, surely they still remember me. Of course they do, I'm just thinking nonsense. I began driving in the direction of Liam's house, occasionally get caught up in traffic. 

      I sighed and turned on the radio, listening to whatever played. My phone dinged, I grabbed it and turned on the screen. 

From Liam: Are you almost here?

      I began typing, jumping from a honking car in front of me. 

To Liam: Almost. I got stuck in traffic.

From Liam: How far away are you?

To Liam: Ehhhh. About 15 minutes.

From Liam: Alright, I'll see what I can do to get the lads to stay until then.

To Liam: I'll try to be quick.

------

[SUBURBIA - Troy Sivan]

------

A/N:

AHHHH SHE'S 15 MINUTES AWAYYYYY

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx