Chapter 54: Heather.

[What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky. 
She's got you mesmerized while I die]

      "Wh-Who's Heather?" I felt my heart break a little just saying the name. 

      "She's..." Louis' expression showed that it hurt him to tell me. "Em, she's...." He couldn't say it. I can tell that he couldn't. 

      I unlock my car and get ready to get in, "I'm going with Emily." Harry announces going to the passenger side. 

      "I am too." Louis says and gets in the back. I get in and turn on the car without saying a word. 

      How could they not tell me? They were all my best friends and they don't tell me that Niall's moved on? It hurt a lot to find out like this. "You didn't know, did you?" I hear Harry question quietly. I stay quiet and lean back against the seat and starting to follow Zayn's car. 

      "Goddammit, Niall. He said he was going to tell you." Louis says, clearly frustrated. 

      "Well, he clearly didn't." I mutter, loud enough for them to barley hear. 

      If I had known earlier, I wouldn't have looked like a loser rejecting guys. Of course I was going to look stupid. Niall is an international superstar and I'm here rejecting people that I could've given a chance to, but didn't because I was going to wait. Of course he wasn't going to wait. I don't know what I was thinking about when I thought that maybe, just maybe, Niall would wait too. 

      "I'm so sorry, Emily." Louis apologizes. I sigh and kept my focus on the road rather than breaking down and risking our lives. 

      "You could've told me." I said quietly. 

      "Niall was supposed to." Harry responded. 

      "Well, I don't know, you could've asked if I knew, and if I said that I didn't, you could've told me then, Harry. It sucks that I spent a year waiting on Niall, when clearly he didn't wait for me." I finally admit. I hear Harry sigh sadly, "How long have they been dating?" I ask. 

      "They started seeing each other a couple months after you two broke up." Louis replies. Wow. He moved right away. I chewed on my bottom lip to distract myself from crying. As much as they've seen me cry, I didn't want them to see how much this hurt me. Of course they were going to know that it hurt, but I just didn't want to show it. They knew me too well. "Fuck her!" Louis says. "Niall is a goddamn idiot for moving on to... her." He says the word "her" in a disgusted way making me let out a sad giggle and Harry nods agreeing. 

      "Yeah! You're wayyyy better than her!" He says grabbing my phone from the cup holder. He easily unlocks it with his fingerprint that all of the boys added and goes into my Spotify. "We need to cheer you up. My songs were meant for you to feel like a bad bitch." Harry says pressing on Only Angel. The sunglasses that sat on the bridge of his nose slightly fell from looking down. 

      As the more upbeat part of the song started, Louis began to dance in the back and Harry began to sing with the song. It was amazing to have these boys as friends for these reasons. They were always there when I was sad and they always did stupid things like this to make me feel better. I finally gave in and began to sing along with them, finding it surprising that Louis knew the words. 

      As we pulled into the parking lot, an unfamiliar car is parked next to Zayn's making me shudder. I turn off the car and felt Harry squeeze my shoulder reassuringly. I smile to him and we all get out of the car. I see Niall get out of the car and make his way to the unfamiliar car. He knocks on the window and smiles. I sigh and remove my attention from them to Liam and Zayn meeting Louis, Harry, and I. "I don't know why he invited her, we told him that he shouldn't because today was supposed to be with you." Liam says quietly.