Chapter 81: San Francisco.

[I might show up on your doorstep, soaking wet
Say I'm done running from the one that I want so bad
Take me back, take me back]

      I had been sitting on the bench beside my big window, reading while listening to the rain. It hit against my window, it was a very soothing sound. I brought my glasses up the bridge of my nose and brought my knees up to my chest. I read over the words of Five Feet Apart, that I've read hundreds of times already.

      I slightly jumped at the thunder that struck and the flash of lightning that appeared. It had been raining all week, nonstop. Which I absolutely loved. I loved this weather with everything in me. My phone began to ring making me sigh. I removed my sight from the book and grabbed my phone that was sitting beside my feet. I answered it, not looking at the caller ID, and brought it up to my ear. "Who's calling and why?" I answered, continuing on reading.

      "Me, but only because I have a question." Yomara responded. 

      I sighed, "You may ask your question." 

      "Why exactly was Niall found running in the rain?" I removed my attention from the book and brought it to Yomara. 

      "Um, what?" 

      "Yeah, I was on Twitter and I saw pictures of him." She says. "Niall running in LA today. Why in the world is he running in the rain?" She read off and questioned. 

      I shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't talked to him." I responded.

      I really missed Niall. I felt bad that I had snapped at him the way I did and walked out. But the fame was getting to his head, making him think that what we were doing was okay, which obviously wasn't. It needed to be said. "Really? Why?" I shrugged again and fixed my glasses again with my pinky. 

      "We aren't really on the best of terms, right now." I answered. I still hadn't told her about what happened, and didn't really plan on it.

      "Awe. Hope Nemily comes back now that you're both single." I can just hear the pout. 

      "Wait, both?" 

      "Yeah, you didn't know?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

      "Know what?" 

      "Niall and Heather broke up a couple weeks ago. Around the time you and Ross did." Oh shit. No, no, no. He better not be coming over here. I wasn't ready to face him yet. Which is exactly why I hadn't reached out to him since I walked out. She sighs on the other end of the line. "Oh, I hope you guys come back, Em." 

      "Alright, alright. I get it." I laughed, trying to cover up the fact that I was losing my shit. A knock on the door makes me almost jump out of my skin. "Fuck." I cursed. I knew for a fact that it was Niall. 

      "What's wrong?" 

      "Um, I'll call you back." I said. Before she could respond, I hung up and placed my phone down. I stood up slowly, fixing my oversized shirt in the process, which so happened to be the only thing I was wearing. I shivered at the contact of my bare feet and the cold floor. I walked to the door and unlocked it. I am not prepared for this. I sighed before I opened the door. Niall stood on the other side, his hair dripping with water. His nose and cheeks were flushed from being so cold. "Jesus, Niall." I sighed. "Come inside." He walked in and I closed the door. "What are you doing here? Let alone, walking in the rain?" I asked, going into the bathroom to get him a towel. 

      "Because I need to talk to you." He replies as I come back. I hand it to him, but he doesn't take it. 

      "What do you want, Niall?"

      I put the towel down as he began to talk. "Please, take me back." He begs. 

      I shook my head, "Ni-" 

      "Just, listen to me. Please." I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest. "I want to be with you and you only. I hate that I didn't take you into consideration with what happened." He came closer to me, but still left a small space between us. "I'm done running." He says. "I want to kiss you like the first time, hold you all the time. I'll let all my defenses down, and put everything aside if you need me." I felt tears prickle my eyes at his words. They were like a song that I would have on repeat. "You're the one I want to wake up to, and this time being without you, I've been breaking, Emily. What we had is something that I never felt for anyone until you came around. And loving you is like a goddamn blessing." He says. My heart fluttered as I let out a shaky sigh. I saw tears begin to swell in his eyes as he continued, "I don't know what else to do, Emily." His voice cracked, "I know that I can treat you right. Better than before. Please, tell me it's not too late." I sighed and shook my head. His face slightly fell, revealing that he took it the wrong way. I lightly chuckled before closing the space between us. He's taken aback a little, but kisses back. "I love you so much, Emily. I'm sorry for letting you go." 

      I smiled and laughed lightly. "I love you."

------

[San Francisco - Niall Horan]

------

A/N:

ew, im so cheesy. anyways, i love that song :)

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx