Track 4. | Talk

💿
"I won't deny I've got in my mind now all the things we'd do
So I'll try to talk refined for fear that you find out how I'm imaginin' you"

Song: Talk - Hozier.

* * *

Bowie

"Okay Ms Anderson, did Mr Johnson tell you about why you have been assigned this case?" The officer says while we walked to the interrogation room where Mr Johnson was called in to represent someone but instead they got me. Let's hope they aren't too crazy.

"Yes, he's out of town working on one of the biggest cases at the moment" I say clutching my notebook in one arm and holding my bag with my other nervously.

"Exactly, we don't know a lot about this guy and his case yet, but we can't question him without a lawyer when he specifically asked for one, it's one of his rights he can use" the officer laughed as we turned another corner.

We passed by many rooms used for interrogations, mugshots and probably some staff rooms for the officers along with some rooms that are used as holding cells from what I could see through the tiny window in the centre of the blue door.

"Since this is your first case we will help you as much as we can, on some topics we cannot step in to help, it's the law me and my partner on this case stay on laws side as do you aswell but your main concern is to try get our guys sentence lowered as much as you can, there will be no trying to bail him out, he's done too much already" the officer says sternly looking at me as we reach another blue door labelled 'interrogation room' I'm not able to see in as the window on the door is shut by a hatch that can easily be opened by anyone inside.

"My partner will come out to meet you now and I'll go in to take her place, she's a new officer on the force, she may be a bit shy" the officer says unlocking the door and walking in and shutting it again so I'm unable to see who's inside.

The door opens again and I look to see the female officer step out in her uniform. She turns around and locks the door and when she turns around to face me my jaw drops.

"Stevie?" I say not believing the person I'm seeing in front of me.

"Please don't freak out, we aren't suppose to know each other, bias and all that crap" she says whispering to me.

"But since when do you work here? You told me Tuesday night you worked at a grocery store?" I say starting to freak out.

Who the fuck where these people? I basically jumped into their car blinded by kindness when all they did was lie, well Stevie did. I sure hope the boys haven't lied to us about who they are.

"I know, I know, but since I was new on the force I couldn't go blabbing that I worked as a cop, it's what we have to do before we join" she says convincing me she didn't lie on purpose to persuade me to go to the shed with them.

"Are you all cops? You and everyone in that shed?" I say looking around to make sure no one was listening in to our conversation.

"Nope, I'm the only one, as you know Harry owns the bar and the boys help out there so they all work" she says standing in front of me.

Her black hair was neatly tied into a ponytail and her uniform was fitted on her just right not a single thing out of place.

It suited her actually, she's badass and kinda scary sometimes.

"We better get back in there, also don't freak out when you walk in pretend you know nothing" she says sternly at me to make sure u listened to her.

"Of course, it's completely professional" I say with a smile trying not to freak out.