Track 23. | Sedated

💿
"Any way to distract and sedate
Adding shadows to the walls of the cave

You and I nursing on a poison that never stung
Our teeth and lungs are lined with the scum of it"

Song: Sedated - Hozier.

________________________

Bowie.

I woke up by a loud banging at the hotel room door. I sit up and rub my eyes confused as to what time it is.

I look at the curtains that are closed, sun light creeping in through the small gap where they meet.

I throw the duvet off me with a huff before another knock is heard at the door.

"I'm coming!" I shout walking over to the door tiredly.

I open it with a yawn.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Liam says happily standing at my door smiling from ear to ear dressed in his usual leather jacket and black clothes.

"Tired" I say trying not to show how annoyed I am at the fact he woke me up.

"You can sleep more on the RV, you can have my bunk if you need to" Liam says walking past me and heading into my room packing my now dry clothes from last night into my bag quickly.

"What's going on? Why are we leaving so quickly?" I ask shutting the door watching him messily fold some clothes before firing them into the bag.

"We've got a job to do" he says facing me throwing my small over night bag over his shoulder.

I yawn again and walk over to get my boots.

"Where are we heading?" I ask lacing up my doc martens which look weird with my T-shirt and black pyjama shorts but I don't care I just want to go back asleep.

"Vegas!" Liam says excitedly heading out the door holding it as I walk behind him slowly.

My eyes widen.

"That's nearly a two day drive!" I say now suddenly more awake at the news.

"Yep. That's why we have to leave now" Liam says knocking on Louis door next to mine and heading to Harry's beside his own room and knocking on it also.

I close my room door behind me and stand there waiting for the other two to come out.

"Liam it's 6am!" Louis says walking out rubbing his eyes putting on his sneakers with one hand.

"Early bird catches the worm!" Liam says raising his eyebrows at Louis who then widens his eyes and nods in agreement.

Weird.

"Alright, let's get a taxi back to the RV and then we start driving" Harry says walking out his blazer from last night in one hand while he closes his door behind him.

We all nod and Liam continues to hold my bag as we all walk towards the elevator at the end of the long hallway.

"How are you feeling today Bow?" Louis asks beside me and Liam and Harry walk ahead of us talking about something I can't hear.

"Still tired and kind of out of it, feel like I'm floating" I say slowly.

"Zayn did say you would have some side effects since you got a high dose of whatever drug you were given" Louis says wrapping one arm around my shoulder as we walk.