Track 39. | Purple Rain

💿
"Purple rain, purple rain
Purple rain, purple rain
I only want to see you
Bathing in the purple rain"

Song: Purple rain - Prince.
(The song that inspired this book)

* * *

Bowie.

"Will is in the gang?!" I shout looking at Harry and Niall with wide eyes who are seated in front of me on Stevie's sofa.

"How the fuck did he get into this? Did the police find him? Did he run like me?" I ask as they both sit there listening to my questions. It's hard to look at Harry right now but I'm in too much shock to fight with him.

"He came back from England early, Joey said him and Will met back in New York one night when you went out with all the boys, they got back in contact and Will had nothing else to lose so he joined to be with Joey" Harry says looking up at me as I gaze out the window beside me trying to wrap my head around he whole situation.

"Is he okay?" I mumble looking back at them and they both nod quickly "he's perfectly fine, he's happy" Niall says as I nod feeling a weight lifted off me. The only thing I want is for Will to be happy, I'm glad he's found his happiness.

"Okay, thanks for telling me. I appreciate it" I say smiling slightly at them as Niall smiles back at me while Harry looks down at his feet avoiding eye contact with me.

"Guess we should get going, see you girls later, and you bud" Niall says rubbing Elton's head before patting Harry to get up with him.

Harry looks at me for a split second before they both disappear off to the front door. "You okay?" Stevie asks walking up beside me placing a hand on my shoulder as I nod looking out the window.

"Yeah. I think I need to call him" I say looking at her as she nods "you can use my phone, do you know his number?" She asks unlocking it and handing it to me as I nod "off by heart since we first met" I laugh as she chuckles with me. "I'll leave you alone" she smiles widely as she hugs me before walking into her bedroom shutting the door giving me some privacy.

I shakily dial in Will's number. I don't know why I'm nervous I know him like the back of my hand, it's just weird not being able to talk to him anymore.

"Hello?" He says at the other end of the phone sounding confused as to who's ringing as he doesn't recognise the number.

"Will, it's Bowie" I say happily smiling once I heard his voice.

"No fucking way! Bitch I have so much to catch up on!" He shouts happily down the phone as I laugh at him, tears welling up in my eyes from hearing his voice for the first time in nearly two months.

"The guys told me about you and Joey! I'm so happy for you! I knew the second you laid eyes on him that night you were going to go after him" I laugh as he laughs loudly into my ear sounding as happy as I am right now.

"Yes sir! I always get my way babes!" He sings as I hear him snap between words like he usually does when trying to prove a point, god I miss him.

"Real talk though, are you okay with staying in the gang" I ask calming down my laughing as I want to make sure he's really okay with all this.

"I knew you were going to go all Mum mode on me! Yes I'm fine, it's actually pretty cool, I learned how to shoot a gun!" He shouts excitedly as I roll my eyes laughing at the image of Will trying to shoot a gun.