Track 38. | Better Love

💿
"Some better love, but there's no better love
Beckons above me and there's no better love
That ever has loved me, there's no better love
Darling, feel better love
Feel better love"

Song: Better love - Hozier.

* * *

Bowie.

I feel slobbery licks on my face as I begin to wake up. I open my eyes slightly to see Elton facing me as I lay on the sofa.

"Good morning to you too bud" I mumble as he licks my face again causing me to turn it away from him with a laugh.

"Sleep okay?" Stevie asks walking out of her bedroom in a large T-shirt with a weed plant printed on the front; I'm guessing it's Jesse's and a pair of pyjama shorts.

"Yeah, finally got to sleep after hours of just staring at the ceiling" I mumble rubbing my eyes sitting up as the blanket falls to my waist.

"I'll make you some coffee, then we can have a chat and rant about my dickhead of a womb sharer" Stevie says rolling her eyes walking into the kitchen area across from me on the sofa.

I laugh and flop back down on the sofa with a groan at my tiredness. I'm so exhausted yet I can barely keep my eyes shut for two hours before I wake up in a sweat hyperventilating.

This used to be a daily occurrence for years but I thought I finally had it under control, until last night when I woke up in a cold sweat hyperventilating and crying wanting to rip my hair out or slam myself into a wall repeatedly just to feel something, I felt so numb.

The day after I usually have these episodes are the worst, I'm drained mentally and physically, un able to move or think clearly. Today was one of those days.

I try to pull myself together as I'm around people who don't know about my episodes, I'm usually able to keep it to myself but now I'm around them all the time I'm scared I won't be able to and they'll think I'm some maniac.

I sit up as Stevie walks towards me holding two mugs of coffee with a bright grin. Her curly hair untamed and frizzy while her usual red lipstick is no longer staining her lips due to her early morning appearance.

"Here you go, liquid energy to bring you back to life Madame" she laughs as I take the mug off her before she plops down next to me holding her own tucking the blanket over both our laps as we sit across from each other at either end of the sofa.

"Would it be okay if I stay here for a few nights? Just until we leave here, I don't want to stay at Harry's suite, it's too awkward" I say sipping my coffee as Stevie nods "of course, you don't even have to ask! I'm glad to have you and Mr Handsome stay here" she says squishing Elton's cheeks as he sits on her lap panting up at her.

"Thank you because if I look at your dick of a brother again I think I will shoot him" I say sipping my coffee as she nods and laughs "I would pay you any money to" she adds as we both laugh.

"Trust me I would of last night if I had to look at him or hear him any longer" I say rolling my eyes with a laugh.

"I still don't understand how Violet is still alive, Charlie had her killed! I read prayers at her funeral for fuck sales!" Stevie yells in confusion as I nod also confused about the whole thing.

"She probably told Harry what happened, I'm sure if you asked him he'd tell you, unless his tongue was down her throat before she could speak" I dead pan sipping my coffee gulping down the liquid.