Track 29. | I'm Still Standing

💿
"Don't you know
I'm still standing better than I ever did
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
And I'm still standing after all this time
Picking up the pieces of my life
Without you on my mind"

Song: I'm still standing - Elton John

* * *

Harry.

"Morning" Charlie mumbles to me when I walk into the room to get a change of clothes.

"Morning" I smile at her as I pull out my usual black jeans and T-shirt from my bag.

She sits up in the bed brushing her hair out of her face. I look up at her sat in my black AC/DC T-shirt which looks like a dress on her because of her small frame.

"Can I talk to you for a few minutes H?" She says as I grab my doc martens from the floor.

"Sure" I mumble putting my boots back down walking over to sit on the end of the bed.

"Why didn't you tell me the reason you left Cheshire was because you were born into a gang?" She says looking at me confused.

I sigh and look at her moving my clothes from my lap to the bed beside me.

"I didn't want to tell you because I thought you would freak out. It would of been a lot for you to handle at eighteen Char" I say as she nods at my words.

"But it's you, you're like a brother to me, I would of understood, after I freaked out for hours at you" she laughs as she finishes her words.

I laugh looking up at her "look, I'm sorry for leaving so soon and with no explanation. You're free to stay with us for awhile so we can get to know each other again" I say looking down at my feet.

"I would like that" she smiles at me with the duvet bunched around her waist.

"Good, I'm glad to have you back" I say patting her knee under the duvet before going to stand up.

"Harry, I just want to say I'm not here to stand in the way of whatever you and that other girl who saved me have going on" she says as I turn around to look at her from the door.

I laugh and shake my head "there's nothing going on between me and Bowie, plus I didn't think you were here for that, that's stupid to think you would be" I say quietly looking at her with a smile.

Charlie laughs and throws a pillow at me as I laugh at her from the door.

"She's a very good person Harry" she adds before I walk out the door and close it behind me.

I sigh and take my hand off the door handle walking towards the stairs.

The way Bowie looked at me and Charlie last night in the car made me feel guilty for some reason. I shouldn't feel like that, Charlie is like a sister to me, nothing happened between us two and nothing ever will; just like me and Bowie.

"So that's Charlie huh?" Niall smiles at me from the breakfast bar shovelling strawberries into his mouth.

"Don't get any ideas Niall" I mumble as I walk to the coffee machine.

"What? I was just saying we never met her before it's nice to finally put a face to the name" Niall shrugs as he plops another strawberry into his mouth.

I roll my eyes and wait for the coffee to finish poring into my mug.

"Morning!" Bowie says sweetly walking into the kitchen smiling at me and Niall heading to the fridge.