It's Our Anniversary

There was so much going on with Toni and Janet both busy with their careers and going in two different directions at the moment. Time with each other would always be their biggest issue in the coming years. The year 2000 was big for both women. Toni had a number one album, Janet had a hit movie. Janet was also recording an album that she would be releasing the following year. Music would always be both women's passion.

There was so much discussion about what they would both being doing next. Toni had a lot on her mind. Janet felt that there was something that Toni wasn't telling her. June to August 2000 was a hectic time where neither saw much of each other. Janet was with Eddie promoting The Nutty Professor for almost two months and barely saw her wife she was really stressing and needed to relax. As soon as Janet got back home from promoting she began planning a trip for her and Toni. It would be a surprise to Toni.

In September, after the rush and hecticness of the past 8 months both women were in need of rest and a vacation. Janet got in touch with her folks to help her plan a vacation to Hawaii for two weeks. It was a late Friday night mid-September and the women were sharing a bath together.

"Michele, what do you think about taking a vacation?"

"I'm all for it. Any time I get to spend with you will be great."

"What about leaving tonight?"

"What you mean babe?"

"Let's hope on a pj and get out of here. I need to see something other than California."

"Sure let's do it." Toni didn't know this was the plan as part of her surprise. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there. It's a surprise. Just pack hot weather clothes and a couple bathing suits."

"Okay, that's vague."

They quickly finished bathing, dressed and packed within an hour. Joey and Alex were taking them to the airport for their flight. Joey, looked at Alex who was a little jittery. Alex had never been to Hawaii and his excitement showed. As Toni and Janet got on the plane, Gil was already sitting there waiting for them.

"Finally, took yall long enough. I'm ready to go."

"We will be taking off shortly Gil."

"Babe can I know where we're going now."

"Boop think about it. Why would Gil be on the plane with us?"

"Hmm," Toni thought for a second and smiled. "We're going to Hawaii?"

"Yes babe for a whole two weeks, just you and me doing whatever we want."

The flight was a little long but it was filled with laughter and sleeping. Gil had some crazy stories to share, some were his and others we about things Janet's fan hand done. The stories were crazy. Janet and Toni ended up falling asleep on Gil. Joey slept some but he was never really comfortable on airplane, so he was up most of the flight. Alex had crashed out about halfway through the flight. By the time they landed it was daytime and the sun was casting a warm glow on the water. Gil would be visiting his mother while they were there, but he would only stay a week. Joey and Alex loaded the luggage into the SUV and used the directions he was sent by the travel agent to get to the house Janet had rented.

As they pulled up to the house they were surprised at how big it was. It didn't look that big on the pictures. If was a four bedroom, four and a half bath, two story, beige and brown stucco house that overlooked the ocean. The whole back of the house was glass that gave an awesome view of the water. Janet had also picked it because the bedrooms were spread out. The Master bedroom was on the second floor to the left of the stairs and down a short hallway, to the right of the stairs was another bedroom also down a short hallway. Joey and Alex's bedroom were on the first floor behind the family room. They were pretty far from the master which Joey liked. Alex didn't know what went down behind closed doors between Janet and Toni, he would probably be a changed man after this trip. Joey had heard enough over the past two years. It surprised Joey that they didn't try anything on the plane. He was well away of what went down a year and a half ago went they went to see Toni's mother. He pretended to be sleep. Discretion is a key factor in his job, he sees and hears a lot but never speaks of it.