Baby Blues

The day the blogs ran with the story about the two little girls pictured with Janet and Toni, Janet's pregnancy was confirmed by Dr. Robinson. Janet was sad that after the last two shows in May she wouldn't be able to tour any more. When she did those two shows she would be limited on what she could do. She couldn't dance like she wanted to. Janet knew her fans would see that as being strange. The two shows went well and she covered the limited movement with a hint to an injury. Most of the fans bought it.

The week following the last show Janet put a video up on her website explaining why she wouldn't be able to continue the rest of the shows. At 50 years old she was pregnant with what her fans knew as her "first" baby. She said that she was taking time to cater to herself and her growing family. After making the announcement Dr. Robinson immediately put her on bedrest with intermittent exercise, not daily but every other day and it was only walking. Janet and Toni began making the beach their walking place in the morning and evenings when Toni was filming for BFV.

The show was beginning to get on Toni's nerves. Tamar was getting even more egotistical than she already was and it wasn't a good look. Tamar also had this talk show she was doing with some other people. All of the sisters felt that the show was no longer doing them any justice. It brought the other three less famous sisters a spotlight for a while but that quickly faded. It seemed as if Towanda wasn't really there for it and everyone had "beef" with each other. What it really was though was that there were some deep family issues that had never been dealt with that were coming to the light in front of millions of people weekly. The smallest things amongst the sisters would escalate because the producers always wanted the drama among them to be seen on TV. Toni was beyond over it and started limiting her appearances on the show especially now that her wife was pregnant.

A few months went by and Janet was now about six months pregnant and she felt it all through her body. She had gained the most weight with this pregnancy and didn't like how she looked. Toni had done a show in London and Janet had gone with her. One day while there Janet decided to go out to a little baby boutique, she remembered buying Ciara something from when she had Future. She took their newest bodyguard with her but somehow the paparazzi, though not as bad as LA, caught some pictures of her. It was after seeing these pictures that she decided to stop hiding and be okay with her body she was pregnant after all. People Magazine had gotten in touch with her about doing a cover shoot to talk about the baby. Toni helped her to pick out something to wear that was flattering and she had been rocking braids the entire pregnancy because she didn't feel like dealing with her hair.

On the cover she was at their second beach house was where they took the photographs. Janet decided to wear her braids in a ponytail, a white dress along with a white long sweater, she decided to do something not many people but her fans knew and also wore her black rectangle frames to finish her look. She liked how the pictures came out and the story was cute too. People were getting a small glimpse into her life and being pregnant at 50. She was no longer shy about her weight; she counted the little boy that she would be having as a blessing (her fifth blessing, the first that everyone in her fandom and the world would know about.)

When the couple returned from London they decided to take a couple's trip before Janet couldn't fly any more. They decided to visit Dubai, it was a beautifully crafted, majestic place. Stepping foot off the plane you automatically knew that a great deal of money, time and thought went into everything. It was so beautiful. While there they visited so many of the sights, the Burj Khalifa being the most impressive thing they saw. It was there while partaking in and understanding the Muslim culture they decided on a name for their son. Although they couldn't publicly act as a couple they enjoyed the trip and the time they spent behind closed doors. If the hotel they were staying in had not been soundproof they probably would have heard an earful every night.