A Valentines to Remember

"Hey Taymie, what are you doing today?"

"Nothing. Vince wants me to stop by the studio this afternoon."

"Can you go somewhere with me?"

"I need to know where we're going first. I ain't tryna be in trouble with your wife."

"We're going to the tattoo shop."

"For what? Your scary ass is not getting no tattoo." Tamar cackled into the phone.

"Actually I am and something else too. Both are going to be for my wife. I just need you to hold my hand."

"Hmmm...whateva...I'll believe it when I see it."

"I'll pick you up in an hour."

Toni was halfway dressed when she called Tamar all she had to do now was her make-up which would be quick. She was doing some simple eyeliner and press powder. After finishing she jumped into her jeans and grabbed her red heels meeting Alex at the car. The kids were with Momma K and Rebbie. Momma K couldn't get enough of her granddaughters and Denim. Janet said she thinks that her and Toni's kids are Mother's favorites. She always asks to see them and just gushes over them all the time. Toni settled in her seat and looked out the window until they arrived at Tamar's home. She used her phone to call her sister telling her she was outside.

"Tone, I still don't think you're going to go through with it."

"Oh I'm definitely going to do it. It will be healed by the time I get to see her at spring break."

"So where are you going to get your tattoo?" She asked meaning on what body part no tattoo parlor.

"You'll see." Toni said with a smile.

A short while later they arrived at the tattoo shop that Toni had rented out for the next three hours. She didn't think what she wanted would take that long but she booked extra time just in case. She and Tamar walked into the shop. Toni knew exactly what she wanted and where. They greeted Kat, the person who would be doing Toni's tattoo. Kat had Toni sign all the required paperwork before leading them to a private room. Tamar looked around taking in all the artwork and tattoo designs that graced the wall. There was everything you could think of getting tattooed displayed on the walls. Tamar had tuned out Kat and Toni conversation until she heard the word piercings.

"Who's getting what pierced?"

"I am Tay. I'm getting my nipples done for my..." Toni stopped herself before saying too much.

"Oooo mamas, you know who is going to love that. They're gonna be happy.com Do they still have their own?"

"Nope." Janet had removed her piercing while pregnant with Serenity. It was interfering with breastfeeding.

"So where is this tattoo going?" Kat asked, questioning in her mind who the sisters were talking about. She never figured it out.

"I want it under my left breast. I want the date September 25th 1999, TMJ heart JDJ. I'm keeping it simple. Something small, not too big."

Kat took about twenty minutes to draw out a few different designs of the tattoo. Toni ended up choosing to have the date written in Roman numerals and the letters in script the heart would be half black half red. Toni took off her bra while keeping her shirt on and lifted it up so that Kat could clean the spot and transfer the tattoo outline to Toni's skin. As soon as Kat started Tamar began talking to Toni about random things. She helped to keep Toni's focus off the stinging sensation she felt. In less than 45 minutes the tattoo part was over. Next were the nipple piercings, Tamar didn't think Toni was prepared for the pain. She screamed when the first one was done but was ok by the second one. Toni's nipples immediately became more sensitive and hurt some.