A Couple of Forevers

(We going to pretend A Couple of Forevers came out before 2013 because it's a beautiful song.)

On September 25th, 2008, one-year shy of the couple's tenth anniversary of their commitment ceremony, they are preparing to be legally married. The couple woke up in two different beds something that they hadn't done since either were on tour. The sun was just rising but for some reason they both had woken up as the sun rose. It was going to be a beautiful day. Today would be the day that they would be married. Both women in their own thoughts and didn't noticed the people that called out to them. The invitations had been sent out but didn't mention a wedding but a party. When the guests get to the venue, they would be asked to sign an NDA before they were allowed in. If they refused to sign an NDA they were turned away. They hated to be difficult but that's the way it had to be for them.

Janet was at their house with her sisters and mother. Mother had decided to get up early and fix them all breakfast. She hadn't expected Janet to beat her at getting up. Janet sat on her back deck just watching the sun move over the water and taking in the sunshine. She sent Toni a quick text.

J: Good morning beautiful, I've called you my wife for almost 10 years but today we get to make official in front of family and friends. I love you.

T: Good morning my love. I can't wait to marry you and it be official. Today is going to be special.

Both women had planned surprises for the other. At the venue the family members of both singers were making sure that everything was going well. They were missing a few people, but it didn't matter. If they don't want to be there, then oh well. They had decided to get married in the botanical garden that Toni had proposed in. The decor was beautiful with deep red, cream and gold painted flowers. In the main garden sat a bounty of white and dark red draped chairs in a half circle with an aisle in the middle facing a gazebo decorated with flowers. At the end of each aisle of chairs were bouquets of flowers in the main color scheme. The wedding planner had done an excellent job with keeping everything off the radar of the media. She would definitely be getting a bonus.

Tamar had the pleasure of babysitting the kids. Denim was now seven and Serenity was almost two going on twenty-two. Denim was a chill kid all he wanted to do was run around with his cousins. Serenity is a diva and the perfect mix of her mothers. They had used Toni's egg and implanted it Janet when Serenity was conceived. Denim of course looked like Toni and Serenity oddly looked like a mix of Janet and Toni. Janet and Toni hadn't told the family, but they would be starting another round of IVF soon. They wanted at least two more kids. Janet would be carrying the rest of the kids because Toni had been recently diagnosed with Lupus. They were both learning to deal with the effects of the disease in their life.

As mother cooked breakfast in Janet's kitchen her sisters were keeping her occupied so she wouldn't keep texting Toni. They asked so many irrelevant questions, but Janet entertained them. Anything that would keep her from calling Toni. One call she did want to make was to call Tamar, she was missing her babies. She asked her sisters if she could call Tamar.

"Hey Tay, how are my babies?"

"J please come get your daughter. She's a whole diva. And I can't...she cried cause her eggs didn't have cheese."

"That's the only way she eats them Tay."

"But cheese J...ugh...yall kids will be the reason I don't have none."

"Just make sure my daughter's hair looks good. You know I don't do messy hair especially not today."

"Towanda got it J."

Towanda and Traci yelled in the background "Hey sis, love You."

"Alright. Well call me if you really want me to come get her."